100% CPU Usage After Installing NOD32...Help!

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Dojo_Princess, Jan 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dojo_Princess

Dojo_Princess Registered Member

Hello-

I just installed NOD32 yesterday (after uninstalling Trend Micro) and my CPU went off the map! It shot up to 100% usage and stayed there (no modulation or fluctuations - it just flat-lined at 100% until I shut it down).

I restarted and systematically starting shutting down the svchost.exe processes (through Task Manager) that had the highest memory usage as well as other non-essential processes until almost everything was shut down. This had not effect as the CPU kept going full bore at 100%. Task Mgr also showed no applications running. Uninstalling NOD32 was the only way to get this runaway train to stop.

I would be grateful for any ideas on what may be going on here. Below are the services attached to my svchost images as of this morning. I don't recognize a few of these and thought maybe someone might see something foreign:

svchost.exe 1072 DcomLaunch, TermService
    svchost.exe 1144 RpcSs
    svchost.exe 1240 AudioSrv, BITS, Browser, CryptSvc, Dhcp,
    dmserver, EventSystem, helpsvc,
    lanmanserver, lanmanworkstation, Netman,
    Nla, NtmsSvc, NWCWorkstation, RasMan,
    Schedule, seclogon, SENS, SharedAccess,
    ShellHWDetection, TapiSrv, Themes, TrkWks,
    W32Time, winmgmt, wscsvc, wuauserv, WZCSVC
    svchost.exe 368 LmHosts, RemoteRegistry, SSDPSRV, WebClient
    svchost.exe 536 stisvc

Thanks, Julie

2. BFG

BFG Registered Member

Hi,

This can happen when AMON is chasing another app, that is continually performing some kind of action.

Do you have any other anti malware programs installed? A defragger or backup program running in real time maybe?

BFG

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.