10 steps to a clean computer

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by f.lehman, Apr 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. f.lehman

f.lehman Registered Member

I have developed a 10 step program of free tools to fix spyware, hijacks, trojans, viruses, and just generally slow computers

http://www.spywarebegone.net

If you like it let your friends know.

Everything is free, no trials, Really everything is free.

Thanks

2. HD rider UK

HD rider UK Registered Member

3. f.lehman

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2005
  4. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

internetcleaningto

Spam removed.

5. hadi

hadi Guest

6. f.lehman

Hadi you have good information but it is hard to follow.

7. Tarun

Tarun Guest

What exactly was hard to follow on the website? I'm the one who has coded up Lunarsoft. ;)

8. Tarun

Tarun Registered Member

Site is very hard to follow. Too many graphics that also set off my firewall as being ads, thusly replacing them with [AD].

If the site is to help a user and they have CWS or another malware variant then they won't be able to easily go from page to page.

The layout seen here loads smoothly and flows. Only one pageload and all of the applications are easy to access and download. Instructions for the settings are in plain english and the site itself, along with the PC Maintenance page has had a very high success rate.

9. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

f.lehman,
    I visited your website and the Next button didn't work on the Step 2 page.
    I couldn't get Step 3 and there are 10 steps. So your website has a counting problem.
    The Back button worked fine. So I could count backwards.

Why only winXP and not win2000pro or other window versions ?

10. controlmind

controlmind Registered Member

Yea, I know not all of us use WindowsXP here...

controlmind

11. Tarun

Tarun Registered Member

I concur. Aiming towards one or few Windows OS will not help people get their machines into optimal condition.

12. ErikAlbert

Tarun,
    I have visited the website Lunarsoft as well.

Pros :
    1. Alot better to read indeed. Everything on one page.
    2. Step by step instructions, that's what typical users really need. I know this from my own experience.
    3. Important settings are mentioned per software, VERY GOOD. Most typical users don't even know how to do this.
    4. All FREE softwares. Immediate download and even a global download in one hit.
    5. Sober layout, no disturbing gadgets or animation and always to the point. Splendid.
    6. No long explanations, no difficult words, immediate action, that's what typical users want.
    I could tell you other good things, but I'm not going to mention them all.

Contras :
    1. Alot of blue links refer to http://lunarsoft.optichosts.net/#download.
    I don't think that was the intention. I would check them all, if I was you.
    2. The softwares are centered in their boxes, I would put them on the left side of the box.
    A matter of taste of course, but centering data in a box is only good for real titles.

My opinion :
    An EXCELLENT and VERY PRACTICAL website for typical users, no wonder you had a very high success rate.
    Only the looks and the contents of the website guarantee that success already.
    I have also years of experience with typical users and I see myself in your website.
    Well done and my compliments !!!

Last edited: Jun 19, 2005
  13. Tarun

Tarun Registered Member

I appreciate the feedback as I'm always looking to improve the site.

The PC_Maintenance was in fact an XHTML document at one time, and since has been converted to php. Seems there are still some bugs to work out and you caught one. Those links in the Index were actually supposed to send a user exactly to where they need to be when they click it. Downloads to the file downloads, ad-aware to ad-aware, etc.

I'm 25, and I've worked with computers for about 11 years now. Currently working on my college degree, and studying more on computers to get my CompTIA A+ certification. I have the world's best pc technician teaching me. His website is DjLizard.net.

I learned a lot about computers on my own, even self-taught myself Visual Basic, now learning Delphi. I've not met a single piece of malware I can't beat. Worst one I've had problems with was CoolWebSearch on a friend's laptop. Took longer than expected, but it was tackled.

I greatly appreciate your kind words and feedback. I'll see about getting those bugs fixed too. ;)

Site's free to join for anyone who wishes. It's a growing community and all are welcome.

Best regards,
    Tarun

14. ErikAlbert

Tarun,
    I'm an Application Analyst, so I'm not really a technical person and I don't need to be one, because computer programmers do the job for me, when my analysis is finished.

The job Application Analyst/Programmer also exists, but that is not a very smart combination in one person.
    They are usually a good analyst OR a good programmer, but seldom both.
    It's cheaper of course to pay one person than two persons and that is good for the boss.

I can't do anything with my knowledge in a malware forum, but I have to protect my home computer, like anybody else and that's the reason why I'm here.

I found that little problem with the blue links accidently. When I test application softwares I go alot deeper LOL.
    I'm quite surprised you are 25, because you know already how to approach typical users. Believe me, many don't.

I will look at that other website, when I have the time. I stored both on my computer.

Good luck with your study !!!

15. James Taylor

James Taylor Guest

I bet your analysis of AVG's MAJOR bug isn't a typical sample of the work you do for your employer right? :)
    :)

16. ErikAlbert

James,
    Yes indeed. Don't you make mistakes ?
    After all I'm not familiar with details of anti-malware software.
    I saw much worse mistakes in forums than mine and my mistake didn't hurt anyone.

17. f.lehman

I have removed many of the ads and have made the site a little easier to use.

I also made several updates like Spyware 1.4.

Thanks for the input

18. Tarun

Tarun Registered Member

Why do you have two welcome screens? Isn't that a bit redundant?

19. f.lehman

I originally had the second welcome screen as the only one but it I thought it was to wordy for a quick Welcome so I created the second one with a couple of sentences to welcome and the original is more a disclaimer and info than a welcome. I will rethink my 2 screens though, now that you mentioned it.

Thanks

20. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

Posts made by "Web_advisor" removed as nothing but personal attacks. Our TOS is viewable here.

21. f.lehman

I have removed the first welcome and have only one now I think you were right, it was redundant.

22. Tarun

Tarun Registered Member

Now you just have to get them in the right order (perhaps compact the malware removal pages into one, etc) and you'd be set.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.