10.1'' Quad Core Google Android 5.1 Lollipop Tablet

Discussion in 'hardware' started by JerryM, Jul 9, 2016.

1. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

I was wondering if anyone knows anything about the
    10.1'' Quad Core Google Android 5.1 Lollipop Table?

Thanks, Jerry

2. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

There are literally hundreds of different Android tablets. What is the model number?

3. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

Don't know more than posted. Sorry.
    Jerry

4. roger_m

A link to the the tablet would help. A quad core tablet could use any one of a number of different CPUs and the performance will vary greatly. Also other important factors are the amount of RAM, internal storage (ROM), the resolution and battery capacity.

The tablet in question could be excellent or terrible, it's impossible to say without more details.

5. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

6. roger_m

It's not very fast, has a low screen resolution for size of the screen, and has bad viewing angles. Also, it only has 1GB of RAM, which may an issue if you have multiple apps which run in the background, e.g. apps like Facebook or Instagram.

What is your budget, and what screen size are you after? Let me know, and I will see if I can find you a better tablet.

7. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

Hi Roger,
    Thank you so very much. I was mostly interested in exploring a low cost tablet. Based upon your assessment I am going to pass on this.
    I have three Kindle fire tabs the largest being an 8 inch. However, I also have an iPad Air 9.7 inch tablet. I had considered getting a 10 inch Kindle, but do not see that as making sense with the iPad.

I do appreciate your help and willingness to assist me. You have done what I needed, that is to keep what I have and forget cheap hardware.:)
    Many thanks, and best regards,
    Jerry

8. roger_m

Some of the cheap Chinese tables are actually quite good. It just pays to do some reasarch before buying one, to makre sure you get a good one.

This one looks interesting, as the specs are reasonable http://www.dealsmachine.com/best_358148.html
    But, it's an unknown brand, so I have no idea about the quality. But, for around the same price, you can get a decent one with a small screen size, or for not much more you can get a good quality tablet with around a 10 inch screen.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.