1 infection found, 0 cleaned?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by MrGump, Oct 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrGump

MrGump Registered Member

Thank you for taking the time to read this and helping me out.

I performed a scan of my computer using NOD32 and it says it has detected one infected file and cleaned nothing.

10/11/2009 2:04:09 AM Real-time file system protection file C:\Users\RedPlatform\Downloads\eac-0.99pb5.exe a variant of Win32/Adware.ADON potentially unwanted application unable to clean RedPlatform-PC\RedPlatform Event occurred on a file modified by the application: C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe.

I hope the above info helps, it is from my detected threats log. Thank you.

2. SwissSteph

SwissSteph Registered Member

I have exactly the same problem, I have today sent a message to Eset (with a .Zip file attached) for analysis .Exe

I am very confident and am pretty sure that it is a "false positive" ... Only 2/41 Trade antivirus detects that it is a virus.

I await the response from Eset for confirmation. In my opinion there is no risk, I use "EAC" for several years without problem ! :)

3. MrGump

MrGump Registered Member

thank you for the reassuring words

4. SwissSteph

No problem :D

5. ASpace

ASpace Guest

This is not a false positive but a potentially Unwanted application .
    Refer to the help file of the program (F1 button) for full description what a potentially Unwanted application is .

As for why NOD32 is unable to take action against this file:
    C:\Users\RedPlatform\Downloads\eac-0.99pb5.exe

I am not sure . You can try to manually delete it if you want to.

6. MrGump

MrGump Registered Member

UPDATE

I have just located the file and deleted it, it was difficult becuase I had to enable hidden files in windows.

I have cleared all logs and I am now performing a full scan of my computer again. Lets see if I got it! :ninja:

7. MrGump

MrGump Registered Member

Final Update

I have removed the file manually and ran a full system scan. No flags were raised my NOD32!

YESSSSSSSSSSSSS! :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh:

8. SwissSteph

:eek: ... Why "EAC" to put this virus!? ... I use this program for years without problem, it is in its last version I have this problem.

Eset thank you for your reply to my email. I do not understand why only 2 antivirus (virustotal) say it is a virus?

If I scan my PC I can not find anything ... it is only the exe file that I sent you that is the problem. Why?

o_O

9. danieln

danieln Eset Staff

10. SwissSteph

I just "re-install" (just to see) a beginning and during my first installation I removed the checkmark for "eBay icon" ... that's why my scan finds nothing on my hard drive after installation.

Thank you to be in both (commercial or free) antivirus to warn of the problem!

@MrGump : Sorry to have given a wrong answer :doubt:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 11, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.