1 in 10 Americans think HTML is an STD, study finds

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by FreddyFreeloader, Mar 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FreddyFreeloader

FreddyFreeloader Registered Member

http://www.latimes.com/business/technology/la-fi-tn-1-10-americans-html-std-study-finds-20140304,0,1188415.story?track=rss

2. Dave0291

Dave0291 Registered Member

Polls are probably one of the worst things ever invented, and this one seems to be just chock full of the things that make polls so horrible and inaccurate. It's just simply stupid to "poll" a bit under 3,000 people and come up with something with a title like that. 3,000 people is a tiny town, and in no way shape or form will ever be able to represent what they are trying to say.

3. SirDrexl

SirDrexl Registered Member

The "software" one is hilarious. I suppose "firmware" is really tight clothing, and "hardware" is a suit of armor.

The MP3 confusion, although only 23%, is a bit surprising, since for many people the term has become synonymous with digital music files regardless of the actual format. Many will refer to iTunes files as "MP3s" when they are really AAC.

4. Pinga

Pinga Registered Member

Survey research is a perfectly accceptable scientific method. Discarding it by calling it 'stupid' isn't going to make anyone look more intelligent, I'm afraid :p

http://www.ssric.org/trd/modules/cowi/chapter3

5. chrisretusn

chrisretusn Registered Member

So says the SSRIC - Social Science Research and Instructional Council.

6. emmjay

emmjay Registered Member

This is really funny. Made my day.

They gave this test to media savvy types on a TV show that I caught this morning while I ate my breakfast. They did just as poorly and they are all young adults. I would think that 3000 randomly selected individuals would produce a result such as this, but when the media is so out of touch it gives me the willies.

I suppose "firmware" is really tight clothing, and "hardware" is a suit of armor.

You break me up SirDrexl! Love it.

7. SweX

SweX Registered Member

"Blu-ray" marine animal ? That would be the Stingray :)

Fun to read for sure :thumb:

8. guest

guest Guest

Lol. :D

This is actually quite normal. If you're not into forum/website managing then you probably would never hear about it.

Which country? :D

9. SweX

SweX Registered Member

I couldn't figure out that one either. Perhaps they thought about UBS wich has their HQ in Switzerland :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UBS

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.