1.2 Download Problem

Discussion in 'EULAlyzer Forum' started by patrickjconklin, Jan 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. patrickjconklin

patrickjconklin Registered Member

While attempting to download v1.2, during the install while extracting v1.1 I get a Code 5 error message. I'm running XP SP2 and I haven't had any other download issues. Help!
    Thanks!
    Pat

2. Pedro

Pedro Registered Member

Could you please explain a bit more:

You already downloaded, and have problems installing?

"During the install while extracting v1.1"? What do you mean extracting? You're installing over 1.2 or you're installing AND removing 1.1?

I'm sorry if i didn't understand. Try to explain a bit better

3. patrickjconklin

After I click on "RUN" for the 1.2 file to be loaded onto my computer the intial files are being installed until the point in which it has to remove 1.1 from the computer which appears to be at the midway point in loading the software. At this point the "windowed" error box comes up indiciating that version 1.1 doesn't want to be removed and that a code 5 error has occurred.
    Pat

4. patrickjconklin

Just attempted download again same error. Here is the dialog from the error reporting box verbaitum as follows:

C:\PROGRAM FILES\EULAlyzer\eulalyzer.exe
    An error occured while trying to replace the existing file:
    Delete file failed; code 5
    Access is denied.
    Click Retry ... (You get the point here.)

Though it recommended not doing it I clicked on Ingore to continue the download and when completed it "locked" up my windows program DO NOT click on Ignore listen to the "box"!!

Wouldn't want twenty years in the Submarine Force to go to waste so at this point I'll leave this problem for the experts while I excercise Option B and delete 1.1 from the computer and see if I can download 1.2.
    Thanks!
    Pat

5. patrickjconklin

Deleted 1.1 from my computer, and downloaded 1.2 from MAJOR GEEKS this time no issues, setup went fast, and I'm up in running. I will assume this meant my earlier issue had nothing to do with my system.(?) Would still be interested in what happened though.
    Thanks!
    Pat

6. Pedro

Pedro Registered Member

Sounds like you didn't save the file, just executed directly from the browser. I think there are a lot of things that can go wrong with this. If you trust the software, and it is an installation, always save to disk, and then run it from where you saved it.

Also if anything goes wrong with something like this, installing 1.2 on top of 1.1 (since it's supposed to detect the earlier version and unintall that), then the next step would be uninstalling 1.1 first. Unless there's something to be saved (in this case the saved EULAs, i don't know if they stay after uninstall...)

7. patrickjconklin

SOMEONE,
    Thanks! As I mentioned I just removed 1.1 from my system and loaded 1.2 afterwards. I really like the product especially dealing with Microsoft agreements.
    Thanks Again!
    Pat

8. Pedro

Pedro Registered Member

Indeed, this is a must! A great idea, and a simple/ effective product:thumb:
    Very useful too:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.