0% Progress, True Image Home v9.0.3677

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by jimlarkey, Apr 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jimlarkey

jimlarkey Registered Member

I've used the subject version to backup my entire HD for 2 years, without a hiccup. Now, suddenly, TI Home does the brief opening screen analysis, and stalls out at 0% progress. Any thoughts on what might have changed recently to cause TI Home v9.0 to stall out?

I found that I can delete the tib files, uninstall/reinstall, and the TI Home backup works just once. If I try a second time, it will stall out. Kind of a pain to go through this method to get a backup.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Cheers,
    Jim

2. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

Install any other software or hardware recently?

Strange a reinstall seems to fix it but:

I'd run chkdsk X: /r on all the partitions. Replace the X with the drive letter of the partition being checked. Reboot likely required for C. TI is pretty tolerant of file system issues but every now and then it gets thrown for a loop.

3. jimlarkey

Thanks seekforever;
    My machine is pretty dynamic, so there are always apps being updated, added or deleted. I did the chkdsk, and did not have any effect on TI Home stalling out.

I saw that there was a fresher update (version 9.0 (build*3,854)), and gave that a try. Same results....stalls out.

It also is pretty hard to kill TI Home with process explorer. Always requires a reboot to clear the process.

Any other thoughts?
    Cheers,
    Jim

4. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

Anything in the Windows Event Viewer?

Can you make an image using the TI boot CD? That takes Windows and the apps out of the equation.

What about restoring an earlier image if you have one and see if the situation changes?

Any hardware changes such as different RAM, disk controller, etc?

If nothing else to try, I'd check the RAM by running free Memtest86+ available from www.memtest.org . Best to let it run overnight. It is a long-shot but won't hurt.

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello jimlarkey,

Thank you for your interesting in Acronis True Image

Download and install SnapAPI drivers using this link

If the issue persists attach the following information:

- Download and unpack the Device Tree application:
    http://download.acronis.com/support/devicetree.zip

- Run the application;
    - Completely unfold the \Driver\Disk and \Driver\FtDisk branches;
    - Move the margin to the right in order to see all the items;
    - Make a screen shot and send it to us.

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

6. jimlarkey

Incredible Dmitry...you nailed it with the driver install. I don't know what SnapAPI drivers are, or why the TI Home drivers disappeared after doing one backup, but the fix you offered seems to work.

I have not tried cycling (doing more than one backup), but if I run into troubles, I'll let you know. For now, it working!

Thanks much, thanks for being there, and best regards.
    Cheers,
    Jim

7. jimlarkey

Just to close this thread, I've successfully been through several cycles of unattended backups since I installed Dmitry's SnapAPI drivers. It worked!

Appreciate the continued support for this old version of True Image Home.

Thanks much again.
    Cheers,
    Jim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.