What is the best free registry cleaner?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by sweater, Sep 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sweater

sweater Registered Member

Philippines, the Political Dynasty Capital of the
    At present I am using RegScrubXP and JV16 PowerTools to clean-up my registry after I remove or uninstall programs, but maybe there could be some other great free registry cleaner out there that are far better than the above mentioned… and that can find more problems more accurately and safely. :cool:

2. Brandon

Brandon Registered Member

I use Registry Mechanic(paid) and RegSeeker(free) to clean my registry, I also do it manually some times. Both the registry cleaners seem too pick up what the other doesnt ;)

Regards,

Brandon

3. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

I also use RegSeeker and have for years. It's done a great job for me with no problems at all. :)

snowbound

4. ravin

ravin Registered Member

5. sweater

I'm just wondering if this is more better than JV16 PowerTools and are also safe? :rolleyes: o_O

What version of RegSeeker are you using? Coz I noticed all versions (1.35 & 1.45) are all Beta... :rolleyes:

Is this ok w/ Windows XP Pro SP2?

Many tnx :-*

Last edited: Sep 25, 2005
  6. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

After using more than one registry cleaner with different results, I don't trust any registry cleaner anymore.
    Seems to me that each programmer of a registry cleaner has a different opinion about unnecessary registries and which one was the very best to write such a software. Hard to find out.

Registry cleaners are toys for knowledgeable people and I wouldn't advice any of them for less-knowledgeable users, because they don't even know what registries are and they would even delete the false positives.
    Better 10 registries too many, than 1 missing registry.

As long software makers aren't able to un-install their own software properly, which is ridiculous, the registry will never be clean.
    Fix the problem in the right program and not with another program.
    How many extra programs have to be written to fix the errors of other programs ? Does that make any sense ?
    Is that supposed to be quality ? This can't be justified.
    I'm not even asking the impossible, I'm only asking to do it right like professionals would do.

7. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

I can't say as i have never used JV16 PowerTools. There is a backup option in RegSeeker so if there ever was a problem i could restore what was deleted.

As far as i know there has never been a final release of RegSeeker. :D

Beta forever i guess. :p

I use 1.30. Though old, it's what i feel most comfortable with. I,m sure someone else here can fill u in on the newest version.

I run XP Home SP1, so i can't comment on Pro with SP2. ;) :D

Last edited: Sep 25, 2005
  8. NICK ADSL UK

NICK ADSL UK Administrator

I have used jv power tools without a problem since it was launched. And highly recommend it :)

Regards

9. Smokey

Smokey Registered Member

I run XP Pro SP2 with the most recent Regseeker version (I guess), and one problem occured: after cleaning the registry MS Word 2003 wasn't recognized anymore, but after restarting Word the problems were gone;)

Attached Files:

10. gerardwil

gerardwil Registered Member

jv powertools 1.3.0.195

Regseeker 1.45, I only select the green items for deleting :ninja:

With both I am happy.

Gerard

11. nicM

nicM nico-nico

I did try this one, a while ago http://boozet.xepher.net/beclean/ , was working fine, and does allow backup, as far as I remember.

curious, why no one isn't talking about CCleaner o_O

12. uripyores

uripyores Registered Member

IMO jv16 is the best free one [its now being charged for but you can still get an older version free] and I like Ace Utilities if you're gonna pay for one.
    Also use ccleaner. :cool:

crap cleaner
    jv16

13. sweater

:( Actually I was a little bit anxious using the RegSeeker coz after I downloaded the zip file and tries to install it.. it didn't installs as I expect it. I mean, I could not even found it in the add/remove entries. o_O

14. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

It doesn't need to be installed. Just extract the .exe to your computer and run it. To uninstall, just delete.

15. waters

waters Registered Member

Jv16,and if you pay ,ace utilities will find loads that others miss.ace utilities is the best i have used and very safe,never removed anything it shouldnt.

16. hadi

hadi Guest

17. sweater

Tnx.. sort of its like SafeXP and Pagedefrag, they also didn't install and not found in the add/remove entry. :D

But have you experience any problems using RegSeeker? are the latest version 1.45 more better than its older version? o_O

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.