Acronis TrueImage V9: New Features etc...

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by jeremyotten, Sep 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jeremyotten

jeremyotten Registered Member

Ok these are the primairy new features:

1. Being able to restore files from within an image with the BOOTCD = GREAT!
    2. Being able to create Differentials backups. This was you can remove backups in between which wasn't possible with incremental backups.
    3. Snap restore!!!! Now this is some of the weirdest things that I got to SEE!! With this Feature you should be able to boot your system while recovery is in progress. And all parts will fall in place when time passes by. WICKED!!

What do we mis?:

1. Where is the long awaited direct DVD writing support = SAD!
    2. Where is the long awaited fully automated scripting (for restore and creating) = SAD!

Please Explain Acronis?
    Why?

2. herojig

herojig Registered Member

I don't get #1. When would you use it? If things are that bad that you are booting from CD, wouldn't you just want to replace the entire partition? Maybe it's just the way I use ATI: backups to external mucho gigabyte drives, with a redundency drive locked in a bomb shelter.

#2 sound interesting. Is this so that you can remove backup 2 say of a 123 incremental backup? Why would you do that? To save space? I just delete 123, then do a Full again. I also have 12 drives buried in various holes in my garden, labeled Jan, Feb, etc.

#3 is plain scary. I worry so much during a real restore, when things have gone so terribly wrong, that I fire up the petro generator to keep the lights on in case of power-outage and resulting corrupt file. But if it was 110% reliable, that would be cool.

So is it worth the 33 EUROS? I don't see it yet but if anyone has already installed the trial and kept 8+ alive at the same time, I'd be interested in hearing from them and then giving it a go...
    jigs :ninja:

3. Blackjack60

Blackjack60 Registered Member

Well, I've been waiting for some sort of throughput indicator since version 6, and it still doesn't exist in version 9. Another major irritation (that has already been pointed out by others) is that when restoring an image from the Windows interface, you go through ALL the steps, and then you get to the point where you are going to restore, and True Image can't get control of the disk, so it forces you to reboot, and then you go through ALL the steps again. Why not just have an option to reboot right away? (I haven't personally verified that this behavior still exists in version 9.)

It has been suggested that we post feature requests in the wish list thread. However, it really doesn't appear that Acronis even looks at that thread, let alone implementing those suggestions. I'm disappointed. I guess I'll just stay with my version 7 site license. A simple thing like a throughput indicator, which could be implemented in a matter of minutes, would make me upgrade.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello jeremyotten,

We are still working on these features. We are sorry for that it didn't be implemented in the new version of Acronis True Image such a delay caused by our Developement Team being involved in the process.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

5. Tatersalad

Tatersalad Registered Member

Do you know if these features will be implemented in TI9 or will I have to upgrade to TI10 to get them?

Also will there be a 64bit version of TI9?

Cheers

6. Acronis Support

Hello Tatersalad,

We cannot say the precise date when we include these features (including a support for Windows 64bit). But we will certainly implement it in Acronis True Image 9.0 in the future build till the end of the year 2005.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

7. arf1410

arf1410 Registered Member

My speculation is they rushed out this release, rather than wait a couple of months to add those features, to beat Norton Ghost 10 to the market (a coupe more weeks from now?)

Is my thinking correct that if I own TI 9.0, I am entitled to all 9.0 updates free of charge?

8. Acronis Support

Hello arf1410,

Yes, if you have Acronis True Image 9.0 you can get all the updates for this version free of charge.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

9. yanger

yanger Registered Member

Eh, will Acronis be fixing the bootable cd-r/w issue with dvd drives? That is, MediaBuilder.exe fails to cdrecord.exe to the cd-r/w in a dvd burner... I just bought TI9 and already getting issues... ;\

10. Acronis Support

Hello yanger,

Could you please clarify what problem with MediaBuilder you mean? (cannot create a bootable CD or boot from it?) What error message do you get?

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

11. yanger

yanger Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.