Brits, is it true that IT jobs are in demand in England?

Discussion in 'ten-forward' started by Close_Hauled, Aug 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Close_Hauled

Close_Hauled Registered Member

Many of you may already know that last year I was making plans to move to the UK and look for work. I canceled my plans when my work here got busy again. Now I just read this article in The Register:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/08/02/job_vacancies/

What is the job market there like? Especially for someone with over 20 years of experience.

2. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

I am not personally employed in the IT market but I have a number of relatives and friends who are(were).

Apparently the market has picked up but still not what it was about 5-10 years ago.

IMHO, stay in sunny California.

3. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

I think to a certain extent it depends on your skills, the more lowly IT work here is being filled by ppl from the new Eastern European EU members.
    A friend of mine that does system migration is inundated ATM which bodes well for many other skills.

Pilli :)

4. Close_Hauled

Close_Hauled Registered Member

Thanks Blackcat an Pilli for the information. I want to come out there and work for 5 to 10 years and get to know, understand, and observe European culture. I figure that the UK would be a good place to start since I have no language issues (Except for maybe spelling, accent, and slang.). It is just one of those things in my life that I have to do.

If anyone else has some thoughts on this, please chime in. I am anxious to hear your thoughts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.