Will NOD work on Windows vista beta

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by hadi, Aug 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hadi

hadi Guest

2. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

3. Firecat

I believe NOD32 should work because Windows Vista should be backward compatible with Windows NT 5.x drivers and applications for the most part.....

4. flyrfan111

flyrfan111 Registered Member

I don't think it would work as I think MS has a new file system for Vista, so NOD and any other low level system utilities will have to make some changes. Having the system kernel understand previous drivers is a different issue than having an AV program understand and read a new file system. Use at your own risk!!!

5. hadi

hadi Guest

actually it worked far better than other 3 AVs tested on this platform. installation and update went without the problems I faced with other AVs. the only thing differ is that it reads Vista (longhorn) platform as Windows 2000 platform

6. flyrfan111

flyrfan111 Registered Member

I guess I stand corrected.

7. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

From what i heard avast! works on Windows Vista. I see no reason why NOD32 shouldn't. Except if there is something way different...

8. alglove

alglove Registered Member

Microsoft did have a new file system planned for the upcoming version of Windows (WinFS), but those plans have been scrapped for now.

9. hadi

hadi Guest

Hi RejZoR
    what you heard is correct. there is one drawback. page load is very slow. I have to disable the web shield for fast loading

10. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Has anyone tried NOD32 in Vista?

11. hadi

hadi Guest

see my post (no.5) above

12. vak20

vak20 Registered Member

Well i did try it on a p4 3ghz and 1 giga ddr ram but it doesn't work good! It really slows the pc down, without nod vista runs great, but after installing nod32 it's slow like a turtle, after removing nod the pc is fast again, so at this moment nod absolutely does NOT work with vista!

13. hadi

hadi Guest

no problem here on this 32bit machine. its working very well. didn't notice any slowdown. have you installed all the drivers inc 3rd party drivers
    one thing only: it reads the platform as Windows 2000 (2nd pic)

http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/2897/vfd2tj.jpg

http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/6968/nod6fp.jpg

14. Firecat

Probably because Windows Vista has a new/improved TCP/IP stack or other components related to web pages have been improved.

15. Gizmo

Gizmo Registered Member

I have tried NOD32 v2.51.08 on 32-bit computer and vista beta1.
    Nod made computer slow. Cpu was running at 100%.
    I had no time to test it deeply. After uninstall of NOD speed is OK.

16. Curtis

Curtis Registered Member

NOD32 locked up Windows Vista Beta 1 so bad I had to push the power button on my computer for a few seconds to get it to turn off. I rebooted and it was still locked up. I had to re-install Windows XP for now. I don't recommend NOD32 to be installed on Windows Vista Beta 1!!!

17. alglove

alglove Registered Member

Any observations about how the different modules work? For example, from hadi's "I had to disable the web shield" comment, I take that to mean that IMON has problems running on the Vista beta? What about other modules, like AMON?

18. Curtis

Curtis Registered Member

As soon as I opened up the NOD32 interface and started to configure the modules I got locked-up. I am not sure which module it was but trying to configure one of them was the cause of the lock-up problem. What I mean is when I was configuring it the program locked-up. Everytime I restarted the PC the Task Bar was dark blue (I was in the Classic Theme) and I lost access to the Internet. I guess I could have gone into the Windows Vista Safe Mode to uninstall NOD32 but I plan another clean install (or upgrade if possible) of Windows Vista Beta 1. Listen well-> DON'T install NOD32 on Windows Vista Beta 1!!!

19. irnux

irnux Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.