Support for ICH6R

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by shadreed, May 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shadreed

shadreed Registered Member

Hello,

I am wondering if True Image 8 will work with my system. Here are the details: Asus P5AD2-E Premium mobo, 2 WD Raptor SATA drives in a Matrix Array using the ICH6R controller. The OS is installed on a Raid 1 array and I have a scratch disk on a Raid 0. I am wondering if I’ll be able to use True Image 8.0 to restore an image of the Raid 1 array. I know that in the recent past, that only Raid 0 has been supported. Any change?

Thanks,

Shad

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

3. shadreed

I understand that it supports the controller but the last message I saw on this topic said that it only supports Raid 0 operation. Additionally, I'm not sure if downloading the trial version of True Image will help as it says that only the full version will allow you to restore an image of a system partition. My System partition is the Raid 1 array that I'd like to be able to restore.

Thanks for you quick attention to my issue.

Shad

4. Acronis Support

Hello Shad,

You can restore the image of your RAID 1 with Acronis True Image 8.0 (826 build). If you get any further questions please feel free to ask.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

5. shadreed

Based on your recommendation, I downloaded True Image 8.0 build 826 from the website. I then created an image of my OS and programs which are located on a Raid 1 array that is controlled by the ICH6R controller. I tried to restore the image and it prompted me to restart the computer since the drive was in use. When I did, it started the Acronis Loader and then quickly stopped and said something to the effect that this build only supports Raid 0. Did you over-advertise the program's capabilities or did I do something wrong? I'd really like this to work out.

Shad

6. Acronis Support

Hello Shad,

Could you please let us know whether you get the main Acronis True Image screen after reboot? If so are your partitions on RAID array recognized normally (the disks are seens as a single and not as two separate disks)?

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

7. shadreed

Thanks again for the reply. I just retried it and this is what happened.
    1. In the Restore Image Wizard it asked for a destination hard disk. One of the options said: Disk 1 30 GB Intel Raid 1 Volume 0.1. and IDE(0)Primary Master. This is correct. So I guess it sees it as 1 disk?
    2. It says that the destination disk contains partitions...
    3. It says that the destination disk is in use and that I need to reboot...
    4. Upon rebooting it POSTs, loads the Raid controllers and then says "Starting Acronis Loader Please wait" There is a blinking cursor. AFter about 10 seconds it says "Raid 8:30 sorry, this driver currently only supports Raid 0 (stripping)." This message stays for about 10 seconds and then it quickly flashes 6-8 error messages that I can't read and it comes to a True Image screen that looks like it's in Windows safe mode. When I click on anything it automatically reboots and goes back to Windows unharmed.

Does this help? What other info can I give?

Thanks,
    Shad

8. shadreed

Hello,

I just tried it again and the actual error message that comes up is: "Medley Raid (8:30) Sorry, this driver currently only supports striped sets (Raid level 0).

When it gets to the Windows Safe mode looking True Image screen it shows Create Image and Restore Image. I click on REstore image and press start now. It responds with an error window that says "Failed to read from the sector 0 of the hard disk 0." If I ignore it keeps giving me more of these messages with different sectors. Finally it gets past that and will allow me to see a list of drives to pick a source drive for my restore image. The restore image is on a Raid 5 array that is being controlled by a Sil3114 controller. The Raid 5 array shows up (with different drive letters) but won't open. That's where I just closed True Image and it rebooted the computer.

Shad

9. Acronis Support

Hello Shad,

Could you please boot your computer from the Acronis True Image rescue disc and press F11 key when the "Starting Acronis Loader..." message appears? After you get the "Linux Kernel Settings" prompt, please remove the "quiet" word, click on the "OK" button and wait for # prompt to appear. Please insert a diskette into a floppy disk drive and issue the following commands:

cd tmp
    mkdir mntdir
    mount /devfs/floppy/0 mntdir
    sysinfo > mntdir/sysinfo.txt
    umount mntdir

Send the sysinfo.txt file from the diskette to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread.

We will certainly help you with the fix for the problem.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

10. shadreed

If I could create a darned rescue disk I certainly would. I've been having problems writing to the CD similar to other users. I've seen some of the posts regarding these problems and will try to work through the suggestions. I just installed InCD4 and have the current build so I will see what I can do.

Your level of interest in helping one user is refreshing and unparalleled.

Thank you,
    Shad

11. Acronis Support

Hello Shad,

I am very sorry for the problem you encounter. Let's solve the one with the CD first and then we will be able to get the diagniostic we need. Here are the most often methods to make Acronis True Image create Acronis Bootable CD:

1. Boot into Safe mode (press F8 when Windows starts up and choose Safe mode to boot into) and then create Acronis Bootable CD;

2. Uninstall any CD burning software temporarily and then create Acronis Bootable CD;

3. If you use Windows XP please uncheck the "Enable Cd recording on this drive" box in the "Recording" tab (to get to this tab please right click on the CD-drive in "My computer" and choose "Properties")

4. One more workaround:

- Eject any disc from the burner prior to starting the program;
    - Proceed until the program asks for a disc;
    - Insert a disc and then click the OK button to close the tray automatically.

Please let us know if the problem with CD creation still persists.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

12. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello Ilya,

Just to say this isn't necessary (or even possible) if InCD version 4.3.11.1 or higher is installed as it replaces the "Recording" tab with an "InCD" tab and automatically disables Windows own recording capability.

Kind regards
    Tom

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.