Phantom Rules - Enchanced Rules Comparison

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by Stephanos G., May 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stephanos G.

Stephanos G. Registered Member

What is the difference between Phantom rules and Enhanced Rules?
    Phantom rules can be used only for a specific category of users? What more they can offer?
    Can we compare them?

Thanks

2. Trooper

Trooper Registered Member

This is a great idea. Unless Phantom has some documentation he could provide about his ruleset.

I would also like to know for his Anti Mac Spoofing rule, after you enter in your MAC address do you activate as shown in this pic?

I mean I know you click on the left to place the green check, but do you also place a red stop sign next to it? I would assume that would block attempts or does it need to be open to stop attempts?

Please advise.

Thanks,

Jag

Attached Files:

• lns2.JPG
      lns2.JPG
      File size:
      69.6 KB
      Views:
  3. Notok

Notok Registered Member

Phant0m's ruleset offers protection against a lot of specific methods to try and sneak things past your firewall that -may- not be covered otherwise. This is especially for p2p and IRC users, since those programs can leave you open. I placed my eMule rules below all of the rules for XMAS Stealth Scan, SYN-FIN-x-x-x, etc, and have occassionally seen blocked attempts in the log while using eMule, although I never had any problems before using that ruleset. I would be interested in hearing Phant0m and Frederick's thoughts on it, though.

You can also use HardenIt (http://www.sniff-em.com/) to protect against some of this stuff and a little more.

4. Stephanos G.

Stephanos G. Registered Member

If is like this, why the LnS company dont publish more rules if the enchance rules are not so sufficient?
    Also, if is possible Phantom to publish an image with all the rules like Jaguar did.

Thanks

5. xamenos

xamenos Guest

Notok: Do you place the p2p rules on top or on bottom?

6. halcyon

halcyon Registered Member

YOu need to place them (p2p rules) at bottom if you want the other security filters to be active first.

The filters are processed from top down.

7. xamenos

xamenos Guest

that means that the best thing to do, is having the p2p rules ON TOP... Right?

8. Phant0m

Phant0m Registered Member

Server Rules, for TCP initiation connections from remote machines get placed “just” above the “+TCP : Block incoming connections” rule. :)

9. xamenos

xamenos Guest

So, as long as the p2p rules are above the +TCP : Block incoming connections, it doesn't matter??
    Or do you mean I SHOULD place them JUST ABOVE the +TCP : Block incoming connections

10. Defenestration

Defenestration Registered Member

For maximum protection you should place it JUST ABOVE the +TCP : Block incoming connections rule, so that the other rules above are still effective.

11. edition

edition Guest

is there any link to download Phant0m rule?

what is better for me Phantom rules or Enhanced ?

12. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.