IMON stopped running?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by dhayn, May 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dhayn

dhayn Registered Member

I'm new here but searched for this issue and couldn't find anything. I manage 11 computers in our office and have the remote admin running on my machine. With this latest outbreak of sober.O I noticed that the person who gets the most emails had no viruses coming where everybody else was.

Turns out by checking his machine IMON wasn't running. I have all the machines password protected so they can't mess with the settings so he couldn't have turned it off without the password.

The last virus he got was 5 weeks ago and he had 42 in his inbox when I manually ran a scan. Is there any way I can monitor if IMON is running on their machines (like I can with AMON in the console) and any way I can find out what happened to stop his in the first place?

Other than this and the fact that some of the machines lose their connections to the admin server once in a while, everything runs pretty smooth.

thanks

2. windstrings

windstrings Registered Member

There is alot of discussion about this in the past... some of which I myself created... but I have as of yet no solution?...
    I too manage or help to manage several machines... all of which IMON turns off from time to time without apparent reason. I haven't seemed to get any viruses however.... AMON seems to do a good job... but I have no tie as to what causes IMON to disable itself.
    I too have it password protected... it doesn't seem to matter, other than the comfort of knowing it wasn't a mistake.

I have been waiting for NOD to address this issue and hoped promise of a fix.
    I have turned alot of people onto NOD and they all have this issue.
    I have been somewhat embarrased that such an obvious bug seems to go unnoticed?.. nod is tremendous otherwise!

When I have brought this up before I have had several try to help, but none who admitted were having the same issue themselves.. so they were grabbing at straws and never found a fix.

I finally resolved that it must not be an obvious problem people are concerned about.... it sure seems prevalant to the systems I have seen.

I have wondered if it was some configuration issue since most of these systems have my influence as to the settings?

I basically don't mess with the compatiblity settings at all and turn everything else up to the max?

Humm....you got me! If you ever find a solution..... please let me know!.. I have been baffeled about this for about a year now.

3. windstrings

windstrings Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.