email notification

Discussion in 'Forum Related Discussions' started by ellison64, Apr 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ellison64

ellison64 Registered Member

Hope this is the right forum.Ive been a member here for a while but for the last few months dont get any email notifications (replies) to subscribed threads.I have the option for email notifications enabled in user cp and it shows on the threads that im in.My email addy is ok and ive allowed cookies.Any hep appreciated
    tia
    ellison

2. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

Hi ellison64,

Were you receiving email notifications for subscribed threads previously, or have you never received one?

You may want to check in any spam folder to see if they've been filtered there, if you have an email filtering option enabled.

Regards,

snap

3. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Yes, they have to be getting blocked at your ISP's or system's spam filtering because the mail server logs here show they are going out just fine and being accepted by your ISP's server.

4. ellison64

Mmm thanks for information.I use foxmail but dont use any of the spam filters.Im not sure that my ISP uses spam filters.I can recieve from other forums that im a member of.How do you chekc if your isp is filtering a pop3 address?.Just telephone or is there usually some online check?
    tia
    ellison

5. LowWaterMark

In my case, I found that the reason why I was suddenly losing maybe 1 out of every 3 emails from here was my ISP "improved their email services", adding in a complex, automated spam filtering process. I found it by logging into the ISP account/webmail interface that they have. (Most large ISP's and Hosting services I think have a webmail and account configuration login screen, so that's what I would try in your case. Usually, there will be a spam folder there, too. That's where all my lost emails were. I simply ended up turning off their improved filters to stop the problem reoccurring.)

If you do end up talking to someone there, or submitting an email based trouble ticket, I'll PM you with several samples of messages going out successfully from our server to your ISP.)

6. ellison64

Thank you very much LWM.It was exactly as you said, and a spam filter was enabled with the posts in the spam box.Ive never used the online webmail before (just an ordinary email client) and didnt even know it had a spam filter.Ive now turned it off , and moved the replied to the inbox.They jave now been recieved by my mail client.Thank you both once again :)
    ellison

7. ~*Nat*~

~*Nat*~ Registered Member

I would also like to add, that if I have not been logged in Wilders for, let's say, at least 1-2 days...I don't get all replies either.

EDIT: And it's not filtered out by a spam-blocker. :)

Last edited: Apr 26, 2005
  8. LowWaterMark

That's a different issue. If you read in the bottom of each reply notification email it says:

"There may be other replies also, but you will not receive any more notifications until you visit the forum again."

Once you've received a notification from a thread, you will not get another until you return to the forum.

I've scanned through the logs here and there are no failures sending to you.

9. ~*Nat*~

~*Nat*~ Registered Member

Oopppss...you're right, LWM. Forgot about it. Sorry !!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.