2-15-03 MRU-Blaster?

Discussion in 'MRU Blaster Forum' started by TEL, Feb 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TEL

TEL Registered Member

Hi Javacool & All,

On a win98, after scanning & cleaning (with plugins set for secure deletion OR for regular deletion, with all scan option boxes checked) with MRU Blaster (2-15-03), 90% of my desktop Icons disappear! This doesn't happen (ditto settings) on a winXP............ This problem started after updating to 2-15-03.

Any advice, please, or a work-around? Yikes!

Thx

TEL

2. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Do they disappear for that user session, until log-off/log-on, or are they gone for good? This certainly is very strange...

Would you mind also recording which, if any, icons stay after each time this occurs.

If you haven't already, you might try disabling the following items in Settings (although none of them should be causing this issue, it still might help):
    -Windows Stream MRU
    -Various Extra Single MRU Items
    -Windows "Recent" folders
    -Windows UserAssist MRUs

If you could uncheck the above items one-by-one and see if disabling any of them seems to fix the problem, I would greatly appreciate it. :) (I'm going to guess, since you have Windows 98, that the problem may be the Windows Stream MRUs, if anything.)

Best regards,

-Javacool

3. TEL

TEL Registered Member

Javacool,

Thx for assistance. You are probably right. I'll get to testing as you suggest soon & will report back. Thx

TEL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.