TDS-4: Is it EVER going to come out?

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by ShunterAlhena, Apr 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ShunterAlhena

ShunterAlhena Registered Member

Hello chaps,

Just a random thought that has been ripening inside me for quite awhile:
    When I registered@Wilders, I read all major sections and the heat for TDS-4 was pretty high. It was already badly expected, and considered late. Since then half a year passed...
    I saw/see a parallel with two another great pieces of SW: AdBlock extension for Firefox and NOD32. 0.6 and 2.13 (respectively) were badly expected as well, no release date, no info etc.
    There are two huge differences tho: AdBlock is developed completely for free, and since than NOD32 2.5 came out with great improvements.
    TDS-3 is on the other hand paid SW, and not even an alpha appeared.
    Is there any information available or the usual when it's ready ;) ?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
    SA

Ps. I mean absolutely no insult, this is all just mere anticipation :)

2. gottadoit

gottadoit Security Expert

ShunterAlhena,
    Wayne said it was a few months away earlier in the year
    (I think that was a little while before Jason moved on)

I think it is a pity that Wayne chooses not to update his TDS-4 read here first sticky thread with the additional information that he is willing to post elsewhere, that just doesn't make sense to me

I'd think that if you are bored of waiting for TDS-4 then just go elsewhere, otherwise enjoy the wait....

Are we there yet ?

Edit: Wayne et al no offense intended but it is an exceptionally poor marketing strategy to offer a "Read Here First" thread and then put the information elsewhere...

3. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Hi there,
    what has been posted elsewhere and where is that else location so i can read it too? Thanks in advance for the info!

4. gottadoit

gottadoit Security Expert

Jooske,
    Did I ever invite that response... I was just being lazy and couldn't be bothered to look up the other threads in this forum
    You have shamed me into having a look for at least one or two quotes, so here goes a search....

I'm quite happy to wait until it is ready myself I just think that it is poor marketing to drop hints about in some threads and in others to tell people that advance notice of changes is only to satisfy their curiosity.

To be fair to Wayne (and Gavin) they must be fairly busy actually getting on with the job, but dong something simple like updating the sticky thread every now and again wouldn't hurt

Anyway back to work for me as well ....

Just a headup that many others are catching up.
    March 7th, 2005, 11:29 PM
    Re: TDS-4 - updated ETA requested
    February 11th, 2005, 03:04 PM
    Re: no updates for past few days
    January 4th, 2005, 01:59 PM
    Just a Reminder T minus 4 Days untill TDS 4 promise. :)
    December 28th, 2004, 12:27 AM

5. Infinity

Infinity Registered Member

True, we are 4 months further now ... and a I haven't seen much more rabits lately ;)

6. ShunterAlhena

ShunterAlhena Registered Member

Again another random thought...
    If the devs are over-encumbered crafting TDS-4, I think that they could ask anyone from Wilders to update the sticky and release news. Pretty much everyone'd be delighted to do it. One or two minutes weekly spent writing a mail to this news updater really can't hurt a software being developed for years... ;) Especially with the tremendous prestige (re-)gain in mind.

7. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

This subject has been flogged to death.
    I shall close this thread now, DCS can, of course, re-open it should they wish to respond.

Thanks. Pilli :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.