verifying split image files

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by StevenE, Mar 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StevenE

StevenE Registered Member

Does the "Check Image" feature verify both files of a split image or only the one highlighted in the wizard? If only one, could a future version allow all files of a split image to be verified in one step? And could verification be configured as automatic after image file creation in a future version? I'm sure you're tired of this issue.

2. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello Steven,

It doesn't matter which file you select, TI will recognise it's part of a split image and verify them all in one go.

Acronis have stated that they will consider including this feature in a future version (not build) of TI.

Regards

3. ratcheer

ratcheer Registered Member

Well, that is good to know. I have been verifying each piece and wondering why it took so long! :doubt:

Tim

4. Menorcaman

Hi Tim,

Probably also worth pointing out that if the image has been split across multiple CDs/DVDs then, when verifying, you will need to insert the last disk volume first and then follow TI's prompts for subsequent disk changes. Clearly, it's important to label the disks correctly!!

Regards

5. ratcheer

ratcheer Registered Member

Thanks. I had already figured that one out, but it will be a help to everyone who reads it.

Is all of this in the docs and we just missed it? Or are the docs a bit skimpy? ;)

Tim

6. Menorcaman

No Tim you didn't miss it. I'm afraid the User's Guide is a little less than complete. Hence reason certain questions keep cropping up time after time. Hopefully someone at Acronis is noting these repeat questions wiith a view to updating the Guide and Online FAQs.

Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.