Cant update to latest build

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by esrinwrap, Mar 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. esrinwrap

esrinwrap Registered Member

Just purchased Acronis Image 8.0. Read all of the problems on this site and tried to update to the latest build. Downloaded the build, rebooted, computer says problem with Acronis files, reload original program. Did that. Same thing. Did it again. Error message. Gave up on the update. My computer is new and clean with windows newly installed etc.

Add this to the issues with Acronis image. Disappointing.

2. bbhd

bbhd Guest

Re:

yes I had exactly the same problem this morning. I just put 8.0 back in and left it at that. Maybe others have had the same problem?

3. ri_olson

ri_olson Guest

I have the same problem. I get error E000101f4 with the same message about reloading the original software. I did that and got the same error after upgrading to build 800

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello all,

Thank you for choosing Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).

We are really sorry for the inconveniences.

Could you please do the following in order to check out the integrity of the installation package?

- Download the checksum utility from www.acronis.com/files/support/md5sum.exe
    - Run the application and click on the ellipsis sign to browse and select the installation package you downloaded;
    - The MD5 value for Acronis True Image 8.0 (build 800) must be B702E62F3E048D07A086E83F9FAA3930

If the checksum is correct please create the screenshot of the error you get and send to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

5. esrinwrap

esrinwrap Registered Member

The software you refer to is interesting. The first error message I got is "You must first specify the filename dumbass." What's up with that approach? Is this acronis sanctioned software?

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello esrinwrap,

We do apologize for the error message. This software is designed to check file integrity. Please click on the upper right button with "..." symbol and choose the installation package. After the calculation is completed please find the number in the "MD5" string and compare it with the number I posted above.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

7. hgratt

hgratt Registered Member

Now tht's funny :D . You should submit this to PC Magazine's Backspace column. I think everybody will get a chuckle.

Harvey

8. beenthereb4

beenthereb4 Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.