does spywareblaster work?

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by jdemnyan1116, Mar 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jdemnyan1116

jdemnyan1116 Registered Member

Going through the spywareblaster page, It seems like a lot of people are worried that spywareblaster does not work. Would it not be prudent for maybe javacool software come up with a way to check it out. You know, maybe a dummy url or something, just to make spywareblaster work? A fake download to activate it, but other programs would probably react also. Just a thought.

2. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

No need - a basic understanding of SWB shows that there is no "reaction" that SWB will make nor should it. SWB is a silent preventative measure which makes no detection or response. Killbits are set in the registry to keep spyware from installing in the first place. SpywareBlaster works but does not run in the background (or need to) and doesn't alert to anything. Should people think SWb isn't working simply because it doesn't work the same way as some other application/s... well.. what can I say?

3. jdemnyan1116

jdemnyan1116 Registered Member

Thanks for the quick reply. I know its a standalone program, just a thought cause many people ask the same question, in different forums.

4. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Users can visit any of the Restricted Sites and Cookie entries listed in Spywareblasters database for first hand proof that those 2 features work.

As for the ActiveX protection....I have not come close to testing all 1500 entries in Spywareblasters database....but I know first hand that the ones I have tested were stomped on by Spywareblaster.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.