winlogon.exe

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by iceni60, Mar 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

i just reinstalled Process Guard and it is going crazy in the systray about blocking ewido from reading winlogon.exe. should i allow it to read winlogon.exe?

Mon 14 - 10:04:39 [READ] c:\program files\ewido\security suite\securitysuite.exe [3012] was blocked from reading c:\windows\system32\winlogon.exe [544]

2. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

I iceni60, Ewido is a trusted program so allow it to read winlogin, after all what possible harm could it do :) securitysuite.exe should be on your protection list with the initial defaults.

HTH Pilli

3. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

hi Pilli :) i must have allowed it the last time i had PG installed because i didn't have those alerts. but i wanted to be 100% sure as winlogon.exe is protected from being read by default. if any other trusted processes need to read it too i'll allow them.

i have been trying out another internal firewall because i got a free copy, but i think i want to buy PG. can i tell you what i have been using so you can tell me why PG is better?

4. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi, Yes, please IM me with a link -

Thanks. Pilli

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.