Cannot recover/reallocate SZ in TI-Corp Workstation demo build 937

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by chf1949, Mar 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chf1949

chf1949 Registered Member

Installed TI Corp Work Station Demo (build 937). Created SZ, and created images. All without problems. Created & tried disaster recovery floppy disks, no problem. Tried F11 feature, no problem. Performed verify, no problem. Did a snoop of the image files, everything was there, no problem.

Issue beagan when I went to recover the space on the HD; the SZ was deleted, but the the SZ space was NOT reallocted to the C drive from/on which the SZ was created. Image files were deleted.

Win2k sp4 disk management 'sees' the area of the deleted SZ as 'Unallocated'.
    (I did make sure to 'click on' the C drive as the drive to which i wanted the SZ space to be reallocated to as I have only the one HD, single partition, logical drive 'C'.)

Any thoughts on how to get the unallocated drive space back?
    I do not have any 'partitioning tools', as this is my first venture into "imaging".

System : 250GB IDE/UDMA 6 HD, single partion (before TI-CWS), FDD, CD-R/W, no other attached storage/drives/accessories. Running w2k, sp4, all the latest updates on a 2.8GHz LGA775, 2x512MB ram dual channel setup, using onboard video, sound, LAN, ASUS p5gdc-v deluxe mobo. )NOTE: HD is connected thru ITE 8212 RAID chip.... any possible problems with TI-CWS and 8212's?)

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello chf1949,

Thank you for choosing Acronis True Image Corporate Workstation (http://www.acronis.com/enterprise/products/ATICW/).

Please create Acronis Secure Zone once again without choosing any partition to take the space from and indicating the maximum possible size (move slider to the right). After Acronis Secure Zone is created please remove it and choose the partition you want to give the space to. This should solve the problem.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

3. chf1949

chf1949 Registered Member

Hello Ilya,

I followed your directions. It worked perfectly on the first try.
    Thank you for the excellent response time in handling my concern.

chf1949

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.