Some pictures from the AV stands at the CeBIT2005

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by IBK, Mar 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IBK

IBK AV Expert

Hi!

I was yesterday at the CeBIT2005 and am now again back at home after 8 hours of train travel. I uploaded on my website some pictures of some AV stands that are at the CeBIT, incluing infos where you can find them. You can look to the pictures here. Enjoy!

Regards,
    IBK

2. dan_maran

dan_maran Registered Member

Thanks for that I almost forgot CeBit was this week until I received an email from Boomerang telling me the booth they were in. They stated something about future collaboratins and I am curious to see if anyone stopped by and talked to them.

EDIT// Here is the email.

3. mikel108

mikel108 Registered Member

WOW...those displays are really top notch...thanks for putting them up IBK

4. MushfiQ

MushfiQ Registered Member

Thx IBK for sharing ths pixy...delighted :cool: Tell us if with whom did u have some chit chat..sort of interview ;) Ahh in the end of the page visitors got some gifts..ehem....did they gave away some free av or signed bt the author...would love to go once ;) :cool:

5. quexx88

quexx88 Registered Member

So that's what you people look like :)

I'm glad to see UNA is represented, a product of my homeland :D

I hope I can go to one of those some time in the future...

6. IBK

IBK AV Expert

About gifts: usually CD's with time-limited versions. But the gifts range does vary very much: from condoms to t-shirts, from bags to lamps, pens, alcohol, papers with product descriptions etc. But do not get there only just to take all their free stuff away ;-P I think if you ask, they will sign you the stuff if they can and have enough time for that.
    About talks: many (I already met some of the people at the last EICAR conference or in their companies). I will list only those conversations that had a duration of over 3 minutes and that I remember now: Eugene Kaspersky, Oleg Sych, Bogdan Dumitru, Petr Odehnal, Mikko Hyppönen, Anton Zajac, Rainer Link, Alexey Federov, Martin Siemens, ...
    But there are many other important peoples I saw and met too (maybe just shortly, but anyway :) e.g. Tjark Auerbach, Natalya Kaspersky, Miroslav Trnka, etc.). I was there the first day; I heard that since today or next days also other well-known peoples will be there; so, I did not had the time&money to stay longer and to meet all, maybe you can, so take your chance!

Last edited: Mar 11, 2005
  7. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

so what do you think ibk what will be the best this year upcoming any thoughts?? since you got to see it all just wondering?

8. IBK

IBK AV Expert

Well, I did not ask much about future things. I had some infos about some future features and products of various vendors, but I think some of them should be better kept secret until they are released. As for the others, I prefer to get the info from their websites etc. and to wait for the public releases so I can see them myself; I can wait ;-).
    We talked mainly about the past and future tests and how to continue to improve the quality further.

9. mikel108

mikel108 Registered Member

Your kidding me IBK, CONDOMS :eek: ....who gave them out??

10. MushfiQ

lol mike...don ask :D :ninja:

thx for enlighting us IBK..would be looking for further tests. BTW i see u have excluded Panda from the test...so have u talked with their representatives? :)

11. hbkh

hbkh Registered Member

I'm curious bout that myself! I guess it sort of fits... It's just a different kind of protection, but when those protections fail it's a lot worse :D :D :D

12. MushfiQ

You could always check the brand name....erem if something goes wrong :D

13. erikguy

erikguy Registered Member

Awww. I would've liked to see Alwil Software. Oh well.

14. IBK

IBK AV Expert

Softwin gives out condoms.
    The Panda peoples from Spain arrived yesterday, so I could not talk to them personally (but we are in contact by email of course).

15. Technodrome

Technodrome Security Expert

They are dead serious about protection, that’s for sure. :D

BTW, thanks for the pics IBK.

tECHNODROME

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.