Full image backups vs. incremental method

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by AaLF, Mar 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AaLF

AaLF Registered Member

I have just allocated 19gb for a dedicated ACRONIS back-up partition. A full image (Op system not storage) takes up about 6gb and those incremental images are tiny. So it'll take some time to fill up the partition. My questions...

What happens when it fills up?? Does the oldest incremental get replaced by the new??

Should I renew the full image and re-start the process regularly?

I've backed up with a full image before...great program. But i'm nervous about relying on multifiles (incremental system) to rebuild the drive.

I'm a student not a business, so I don't need access to a system that was inplace "way back when" and so should I just adjust the partition-size and back up 3-4 full images instead? Again does the oldest full image get replaced by a new one automatically??

Any guidence??

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello tisatashar,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).

When you haven't enough space in Acronis Secure Zone Acronis True Image will automatically delete the oldest full image and then create the new image instead. If you are creating the incremental image and run out of space the full image is deleted and the new full image (instead of the incremental one) will be created.

You may schedule one full image weekly and one incremental daily except the day when the full image is created. In this case you will always get 7 image files.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.