XP shutdown BoClean?

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by mercurie, Mar 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mercurie

mercurie A Friendly Creature

Hello Creature,
    Got something unusal today with BoClean. While I was away from my machine sometime today I got one of those Micr$oft.window boxes Problem encounter BoClean will shut down send error report. You all know the drill. The icon was still there but not fuctional. I sent the report and the icon disappeared. I just relaunched it and all seems to be o. k., but BoClean can not do it's job if XP shuts it down. :eek: Any body else have this issue or any ideas? I know it is not much to go on. :doubt:

2. nick s

nick s Registered Member

Hi mercurie,

Take a look at C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Dr Watson\drwtsn32.log and see if Dr. Watson logged the exception. If it did, your best bet is to submit it to Kevin. On my systems, the latest BOClean is running smoothly (except for a minor CPU usage issue related to Process Guard).

Nick

3. mercurie

Thanks Nick. Yes, it seems to have been reported I will submit and report back so all can benefit. ;)

4. mercurie

Kevin's Reply:
    Less then 24 hours after submission of email I would add :) .

A fast guess would be that somehow something that ended up in the excluder is
    no longer there. Search for a file called BOC412.DAT and when it turns up (IF it
    turns up) right click on BOC412.DAT and delete it ... my guess is that something
    was replaced by an update somewhere and no longer matches or exists - if my
    guess is correct, that'll stop it ...

This could be possible. I followed his suggestion. We will see;it is still running just fine. By the way just to be clear Process Guard is not a part of my set up.

I will wait and see but unless something else occurs. This will go down as a fluke. ;)

5. Infinity

Infinity Registered Member

lets hope you're not infected in the meantime :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.