keylogger in logitech software for wireless keyboard?!?.....

Discussion in 'privacy problems' started by alexashka, Jan 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alexashka

alexashka Registered Member

Hey everybody at wilders! :)

As many newcomers into the forum will introduce my self with:

nod32 - antivirus
    TDS-3 - antitrojan
    SpyBot - only adware and spyware modules enabled
    antikeylogger (anti-keyloggers.com) specifically for... Well the name says it all.
    Sygate Personal Firewall5 - firewall...

Today (just built the system from scratch) scanned the system with antikeylogger and the program discovered a keylogger in.... In the software from logitech for wireless keyboard?... Obviously thought about it being a "false alarm" but lacking a tech expertise do determine it. Also thought that may be anybody in the forums discovered the same issue?...

All the help is greatly appreciated! :)

Later everybody. Sasha.

2. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

Sasha - When you ran the scan with AKL, did you have everything non-essential shut down?

I ask because I had problems with false-positives with AKL if I had any non-essential programs running either in SYSTRAY or the taskbar while scanning (you'll note that AKL states in their documentation that everything should be shut-down before running the scan).

Other than that, I'd ask if your Logitech wireless keyboard actually needs the software provided to function correctly. If it doesn't, then get rid of the software. Many times, the disc that provides the software for a given device also contains scumware - if you have to have the software to make the keyboard work, at least make sure you didn't install any "extras" along with it.

I'm quite sure that if you're a registered user of AKL, you can simply email them the results and question them about it and get a more in-depth response. HTH Pete

3. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.