does this download start for you?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by iceni60, Jan 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

hi, ive tried to download CompuSec afew times sinse the 6 Jan (that's the date it was last updated), at first i thought it was because there might have been a bug or two they wanted to fix in the lastest update, and it would be ready to download at any moment. but, i still can't get it to download. will you try too and see if it will start for you? i've been trying to download the Window NT, 2000, XP, CompuSec® Software, English Version. thanks. :)

http://www.ce-infosys.com.sg/CeiNews_FreeCompuSec.asp

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Last edited: Jan 29, 2005
  3. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

thanks, Blackspear. it wont start for me. i get error connecting to site. do you have a direct download link, just incase i'm clicking on the wrong thing? the only thing i can think of that it might be is my hosts file is blocking it. i dont think Proxo would do that, would it? thanks.

Attached Files:

4. Blackspear

I use a Hosts files as well, and Proxo... Sorry can't find a direct download link.

Try bypassing Proxo.

Cheers :D

5. gerardwil

gerardwil Registered Member

6. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

thanks, i dont know what it could be o_O if you right-click the link you are useing and pick, for firefox, copy link location, or copy shotcut, in IE that will give you the direct download. i have been trying
    ftp://ftp.ce-infosys.com/cei/eng_free_compusec_v4.17.zip
    is that the one you are useing?

7. Blackspear

That looks like the one to me.

Cheers :D

8. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

thanks. i can't find it in my hosts and i put the download address in Proxo's by pass list, so the only thing i can think of is XPAntispy or SafeXP. Since my reinstall, at the beginning of the year, the only other download that didnt work for me was SecureIt. i wish i could download it :(

9. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

can anyone help me download CompuSec? ive been trying to download it for about 2 months now :'(

10. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

11. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

i did try with OB1 about a week ago, but it still didnt work. i haven't got an IRC installed either. i did have mIRC, but i uninstalled it. i dont understand why i can't download it o_O maybe i'll install an IRC which one would you suggest? (newbie friendly)

12. Notok

Notok Registered Member

Iceni: I bet your firewall is blocking it because it's a FTP download... I was getting the same thing you were until I configured it properly.

In the meantime, you can download it from my webspace.. I included SecureIt and HardenIt for you :)
    http://www.dyingsun.net/iceni/iceni.zip

13. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

Wow, Thanks Notok :D i'm downloading them now. i didn't think about my FW, but thinking about it now what else could it be? :D :cool: thanks, im very happy now :D :D :D ive got them, thanks.

14. Notok

Notok Registered Member

Anytime :)

15. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

It's just got to be your Firewall Ice......Ooopps...Sorry...Notok.....
    Day late a Dollar short as usual.....

Cochise, :cool:

16. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

i hope it was worth the wait, if my luck carries on like this with it my HD will fail when i install it :eek: the reason i wanted it in the first place was for when i used mIRC :D

17. kareldjag

kareldjag Registered Member

Hi,

Compusec Security Suite is a great encryption soft.

But have many cautions before installing it (back up) and print all informations about the set up (password by default, keys...).

Regards

18. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

hi, i'm still trying to download CompuSec i think Notok gave me the wrong thing ive got something called computer security tool, it's similar to xpantispy and safexp. it's not what i was hoping for - HD encryption. i just disabled my FW and turned on the XP one and it still wont download. can someone help me, please?

19. Notok

Notok Registered Member

Oops, yeah, that was the wrong thing.. I'll repost it when I get home (in about 5 hrs)

20. Notok

Notok Registered Member

Ok, it's fixed now.. I just changed the downloaded zip file to iceni.zip, so the URL is the same..

lol, sorry bout that, was just a dumb a** moment :D

21. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

thanks that's very kind :)

dont worry about that, i have about one an hour sometimes more :eek:

22. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

hi, Notok :) i just extracted the zip and it still has the computer security tool in it along with Harden-it and SecureIt and not CompuSec. i don't like to keep on bothering you like this, but i just wanted to let you know. thanks :)

23. Notok

Notok Registered Member

ROFL, ok, it's official, I'm a dumb a**! :D :D

Actually I just changed servers, and I'm not used to how everything is layed out (I'm used to seeing 2 folders when I first FTP in, now I see *17*) This time around I actually downloaded from that link and verified that it's correct (and it is.)

24. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

i'm starting to think that it's some kind of warning that i shouldn't use it, and i might have a HD failure if i do :'( . oh well, i can't chicken out now :D i'll install it in the morning. i have to disable my AV when i install it and i want to check up if there's anything else i need to know before i go ahead and install. and thanks again for your help, Notok :cool:

25. Marja

Marja Honestly, I'm not a bot!!

Hey Notok, thanks for that link, it has some stuff I have been looking for all in ONE place! Great!!

HI Ice!!

Marja:cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.