the RPC server is unavailable

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by ajgressette, Jan 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ajgressette

ajgressette Guest

keep getting this message when i try to use acronis true image 8.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello ajgressette,

Thank you for choosing Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).

Please accept our apologies for your inconvenience.

Please make sure that Acronis Scheduler 2 Service (Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Services) Startup type is set to Automatic in Properties. If it is not so, please make it so and then reboot your computer.

If the above doesn't help please run the schedhlp.exe and schedul2.exe (C:\Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\Schedule2) manually in Windows Task Manager (File -> New Task) or do the following:

- Download the http://www.acronis.com/files/support/schedmgr.exe file;
    - Start the Command Prompt from Start -> Programs -> Accessories menu;
    - Run the following command in the folder you saved the file to:

schedmgr.exe service start

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

3. Vincyman

Vincyman Registered Member

I have WinME and I keep getting a "RPC server is unavailable" error when I try to create a drive image and I am also unable to create a bootable disk to CD-RW or CD-R getting errors.

4. Acronis Support

Hello Vincyman,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please sure that Acronis Scheduler 2 Service (Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Services) Startup type is set to Automatic in Properties. Do you run the schedhlp.exe and schedul2.exe manually? Please press CTRL-ALT-DELETE, the (in Windows Task Manager -> File -> New Task) write C:\Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\Schedule2\schedhlp.exe and C:\Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\Schedule2\schedhlp.exe and press ENTER.

To create a bootable CD please update third party CD writing software if any to the latest version available for free on its respective web site. If this does not help, please try the following workaround.

- Eject any disc from the burner prior to starting the program;
    - Proceed until the program asks for a disc;
    - Insert a disc and then click the OK button to close the tray automatically.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

5. Beach

Beach Registered Member

Irina
    Which of these files is running in Task in Win98?? One of my clients boxes isn't running its schedule, and I noticed only one of these files running in Task.

6. Acronis Support

Hello Beach,

Could you please put shortcut to schedhlp.exe and shortcut for schedul2.exe into Startup folder (Start -> Programs -> Startup and click "open"). You should have the both process in in Windows Task Manager. Please let me know the result.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

7. JoeKO

JoeKO Guest

thx. after starting this two services manually all works fine.

8. Acronis Support

Hello JoeKO,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are glad that your issue has been solved. If you have any questions concerning our software, please feel free to ask us.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

9. kdkrone

kdkrone Registered Member

I had the exact problem. I had upgraded from v.7 to v.8 when the problem developed. After uninstalling Acronis and emptying every reference to Acronis from the registry, then reinstalling v.8 alone, the problem resolved.

Ken K

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.