error message re memory?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by beethoven, Jan 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beethoven

beethoven Registered Member

Just noticed the following error message when trying to do an on demand scan started from the Icon in the task bar:

1. Either there is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot fulfill the messaging request. Please run MS Outlook and set it as default mail client.

I don't understand why I get this message. I don't use Outlook and my default mail handler is OE. In addition I have Opera set up for mail. Both seem to work fine.

When I then try to run Nod32 via the control center I get the following error message :

• error occurred scanning MBR sector of 1. physical disk - error reading sector.

When I run Nod32 from Safe Mode the error message is:
    • error occurred while scanning operating memory. Operating memory cannnot be scanned ( an error occurred while loading nod32ml.vxd file or during communication with the testing service

Any idea what all of that means, how it affects my "safety" and what I should do now? o_O

2. flyrfan111

flyrfan111 Registered Member

On the NOD32 Control Panel, go to the set up tab and uncheck "Use MAPI interface", this should solve your problem. If not, you may also try removing any email profiles under the directories and files sections on the scanning targets tab. on of those will do it, I think the first does it though.

Not sure about the MBR message, what OS are you using?

You may have a bad memory block, try removing the RIMM,DIMM or SIMM, whichever you have, of the affected block and see if it goes away. If so replace the memory.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2005
  3. Phil_S

Phil_S Registered Member

The disk error message is normally nothing to worry about. Probably you are either:

Performing a scan as a limited user, in which case you have no access to the MBR.

You have a boot manager or similar installed, that has altered your MBR.

Or (unlikely for disk No. 1) the disk is a removable disk not currently connected.

Re running in Safe Mode - see here:

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=63166&highlight=safe mode

4. mross

mross Registered Member

I was getting the following message when scanning any disk.

'Error occured while scanning MBR sector of the 1. physical disk. Error reading sector.'

Problem was caused my S.M.A.R.T. monitoring software from OnTrack. Once I unloaded this program there were were no more errors.

I add this just in case it can help someone else!

5. coexist

coexist Guest

I got this error:

"Error occurred while scanning MBR sector of the 2 physical disk. Error reading sector."

This was because my external USB 2.0 HD was no longer powered on and NOD32 was looking for it.

6. Brian N

Brian N Registered Member

My digital camera has a boot virus according to NOD.. lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.