Kernel Driver for 64-bit winXP?

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by FoxFire-, Jan 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FoxFire-

FoxFire- Registered Member

I had an error installing the driver for process guard (which i find a real pain since the only reason im installing this is to block a game guard on a game which thinks im hacking (which im not >.< but i should be for all this trouble im going through))

I did a little bit of research and ProcessGuard uses the Kernel driver (which is 32 bit), i was wondering if that's my problem, or if there's a simple driver i can download and place into my driver folder...

Note~ i use windows professional x64 edition OS
    i tryed placeing the procguard.sys file into my driver folder, didn't help

Last edited: Jan 26, 2005
  2. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi FoxFire- You will have ro await a DCS reply to your question but I am pretty sure that your 64bit Windows is not supported yet and anyway it is still beta software, though I am sure that DCS are fully aware of this.

Pilli

3. Gavin - DiamondCS

Gavin - DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

The current build of ProcessGuard was not designed for 64-bit versions of Windows.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2005
  4. FoxFire-

FoxFire- Registered Member

i know this is kinda a strange question to ask but is there any other way to bypass something (another program) without thrashing it.... or w/o wpe pro

64bit os was ahead of its time i guess..... =[

new error message now

Check dcsuserprot.exe
    =( guna have my friend come over with 32winxp and i'll probably have things that work now =p
    DOWNGRADING WOOT

Last edited: Jan 27, 2005
  5. mikese

mikese Registered Member

When will ProcessGuard Support 64-bit? I purchased it today 01/17/2006. Want to use it on Windows XP Pro 64-bit. Have HP Laptop, zv5410us model.

6. Gavin - DiamondCS

Hi,

Sorry to say no plans for support in a hurry. As mentioned in other threads it requires breaking of Microsoft protection mechanisms.

We do hope to support 64bit at some stage of course :)

7. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

That is a shame because I too plan to go to 64bit within the next six months probably. I will not be installing Vista.

8. Gavin - DiamondCS

Yes it is.. I have a 64bit CPU now too (but not buying 64bit Windows just yet)

I dont think VISTA is as bad as you think, and the benefits are throughout the entire core - the kernel, the HAL, the sound engine, interfaces, everything. All much better and smarter design, I can't wait to see the final build and find some bugs :)

9. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

But Vista is very heavy on DRM. I also won't touch a PentiumD because that has DRM on the chip and the processor phones home to Intel when you first start the computer. I'm hoping that by time XP Pro gets near the end of it life cyle that Linux will be mainstream. Vista is going to be disappointing I think (besides the DRM that is so heavy on it) and that is because everyone was waiting for the new file system MS has promised us. Now that has been pushed back to Blackcomb and 2009-2010. Besides, the heavy implementation of DRM in Vista and the requirement that one buy a DRM compliant monitor what does Vista offer? Nothing that interests me. And even if I didn't object strongly to the DRM, I sure wouldn't buy a new monitor. Mine is two years old, flat panel digital 19" LCD. Cost me a pretty penny in Nov 2003. I would never dream of buying a DRM compliant one when this one should last me many years. If Microsoft begins forcing compliance by squeezing the vendors so that in the next two years nothing will run that isn't fully DRM then I'll not run XP 64 bit either. I'll have to go to Linux. IMO, many would do that now if there were just more applications for Linux.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.