incremental backup

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by olafkewl, Jan 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. olafkewl

olafkewl Registered Member

Hello

In order to backup a server, i set a daily incremental backup of a disk to a file on another disk.
    Everything seems to be working well. The first image was well created and the next ones seems to include the diff.
    I have only one question : the incremental backup creates a new file everytime but it doesn't remove the oldest thens, after a while, the backup disc is full.
    Can I set the max number of incremental backup files created ?

Thanks

2. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

I don't think that's possible. However, have a look at this <thread> for a possible workaround. Also worth checking out the last two posts by Acronis Support in this <thread> as well.

Regards

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello olafkewl,

Thank you for choosing Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).

I can propose you the following strategy. First please, schedule a weekly full back up for example each Sunday. After that please set a weekly incremental backup and choose all days but Sunday for it. In this case every Sunday your full backup image file will be rewritten with the new one and subsequent incremental images will be incremental to this new one. So you will have only 7 files on your computer each time (one is the full image and six incrementals).

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.