Ok to use Regclean with Spywareblaster?

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Snoopius, Jan 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Snoopius

Snoopius Guest

I have Windows 2000 OS with Spywareblaster installed. Recently I got some file association problems after uninstalling a software. Is it ok to use Regclean and proceed with the usual cleanup? Will it affect the changes Spywareblaster made to the registry? Will Spywareblaster not work or Windows registry get corrupted if I use Regclean?

2. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

While I haven't tested the software, so I can't attest to its affectiveness or safety, there is an easy way to test if it disables any of SpywareBlaster's protection after it does its job.

First, ensure that SpywareBlaster is fully enabled (open the program and press the "Enable All Protection" link).

Then run RegClean.

And finally after a reboot, open up SpywareBlaster again and see if it tells you that protection is disabled for any items. If all the categories say "0 items have protection disabled", it sounds like RegClean didn't remove any of SpywareBlaster's protection. :)

In the event that any protection is removed, you can always press that "Enable All Protection" link again to re-enable it.

(Note: This process should work for determining if any program disable's SpywareBlaster's protection - not just RegClean.)

I hope this helps. :)

Best regards,

-Javacool

3. Snoopius

Snoopius Guest

Thanks for the quick reply! I'm on the road and away from the IS dept. right now, so if my computer bombs I'm out of luck. But will try later next week and let you know if it works. Thanks for the great software!

4. Snoopius

Snoopius Guest

5. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Well I'm sorry to hear that RegClean didn't fix your file association problem, but I'm certainly happy to hear that it didn't mistakenly remove any of SpywareBlaster's protection. :)

Thanks for the heads up!

Best regards,

-Javacool

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.