Renewal question

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by jayt, Jan 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jayt

jayt Registered Member

My Nod32 license is due for renewal on February 1st. I have a couple of questions:

1. Is there a grace period after renewal date? (some allow 30 days)

2. When I order renewal license, will it begin date I order it or the date I install new user name and password.
    (I understand from previous post that reinstallation of program is not necessary. Only necessary to install user name and password. Correct?)

3. Is this a reputable Nod32 reseller?

http://www.computech4u.net/compu/renewal.htm

4. If I have any problems, will Nod32 support be available even if I buy from a reseller?

Btw. I plan on renewing for two years. :p

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Answers to Q1 and Q2: Annual renewal falls on the same date that you originally purchased your license, i.e. date of purchase 11 March, renewal when paid for in the following year starts 11 March, even if you renew up to 30 days later.

All that happens with a late renewal is you are exposing your computer and its valuable data to virus infection, as Nod32 will not update virus definitions to protect you from the latest threats with an out of date license. So it is important not to delay in renewing a license.

PLEASE NOTE – Nod32 make NO EXCEPTIONS in regards to late payment for renewal fees.

Q3: It is. Discussed at length here: https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=45436&highlight=computech4u

Q4: Absolutely :D

Cheers :D

3. jayt

jayt Registered Member

Thank you Blackspear for the answer to my questions. You were remarkably helpful as always. One further question: Is it necessary to download new copy of Nod32 or can I just put my user name and password in the copy I already have on my machine? Does this require a restart or what?

Last edited: Jan 13, 2005
  4. JimIT

JimIT Registered Member

(We resell too, so hope I can answer for "the Spear") ;)

You can put the user name and password in, and it should fire right up!

;)

5. jayt

jayt Registered Member

Thanks JimIT. :)

Well, now I'm good until January 13th, 2007. If I had waited for two weeks, it would have been better, but live and learn. :p

Last edited: Jan 14, 2005
  6. Phil_S

Phil_S Registered Member

Send an email to Eset support quoting your username and expiry date of your previous licence. They will reset the expiry date of your new licence accordingly :) At least, they did for me.

7. jayt

jayt Registered Member

Thanks Phil. I sent email. Will let you know response. :D

Btw. I ordered the 2 year renewal from
    http://www.computech4u.net/compu/renewal.htm

and had immediate response. Had confirmation of order and almost immediate email confirmation and almost immediate reply from Eset with new user name and password. Two year renewal cost $42.90.
    I want to thank everyone on the forum for their advice and help.

8. jayt

jayt Registered Member

Phil you were 100% correct. I wrote to Eset support on January 14th (a Friday) and had a reply from Nigel Cook today (Jan 17th) telling me that my expiry date had been reset to February 1st. He said that they hoped to be able to make this process automatic when idiots like me renew early. :p . Very nice man and very nice letter. It is a pleasure dealing with such people.

9. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Oh now dealing with Mr Coot, aka Bandicoot, aka Mr Cook, I had heard such rumors, but I do my best to squash such, just bad rumors I tell ya, bad rumors ;) :D The best thing for a rodent is on a stick slowly turning over a low flame with 11 herbs and spices ;) :D

:D :D :D

10. jayt

jayt Registered Member

Hee hee - Mr. Blackspear is a very naughty man. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.