Licence expiring today. Where do I update?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Thorz, Jan 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thorz

Thorz Registered Member

Hi

I have got a msg telling that my licence is expiring. There was a link in the msg but I could not click it and it doesn't appear in the logs. In NOD32 official site I could not find anything about upgrading an existing licence. Where can I have this info and how much does it cost to update the licence for another year?

Thanks.

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Email sales@nod32.com for info. You might want to ask about pricing for two years as well as one year. :)

3. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

4. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Where do you live?

5. Atangel

Atangel Registered Member

If you've got a few extra dollars, do inquire about two years.... You'll save a couple of bucks over the long run....

6. Big D1

Big D1 Registered Member

7. jayt

jayt Registered Member

Just a question about buying from a reseller such as the above. I know that they will probably send license key in email, but can you still download the program from http://www.nod32.com/download/download.htm

8. Blackspear

Indeed you can and that is the only place you should download from. If it is a renewal (as this thread is discussing) then there is no need to download again, just enter your new UN and PW in when they are provided.

Cheers :D

9. jayt

jayt Registered Member

Thank you Blackspear. I will do just that when the time comes. :)

10. Thorz

Thorz Registered Member

I have to report an odd situation that I have passed during this renewal process. After I sent an email to the address posted above in this thread Anders Nilson from ESET replied with the link to www.cbk.no telling me that I could renew my licence with them, but CBK Norway informed me that they were not the correct place (they don't sell to end users) and forwarded me to www.hpx.no. My sorprise was big after I found that the prices here are much higher than the ones on ESET Norway's online store (that ONLY sells FULL LICENCE not RENEW). I am seeing that it is going to be cheaper for me (or in the best of cases the same) to buy another full licence directly from ESET than to buy a renewal from a distributor.

Why is that ESET doesn't sell the renewals? I really don't understand why they have to make this simple process so complicated for the customer.

My antivirus is not working anymore and I still have not bought the renewal. It is not that I think that a new licence is expensive, but I really think that if ESET gives the possibility to renew a licence IT SHOULD BE CHEAPER than buying the full product, if it is not like this WHAT IS THE POINT of advertising that NOD32 can be renewed? IMO this is misleading advertisement, sorry.

Check by yourselves the prices:

ESET Online store:
    NOD32 full licence (1 year): 321 NOK (norwegian kronner)
    NOD32 renew licence (1 year): NOT OFFERED

Norwegian distributors:
    HPX:
    NOD32 full licence (1 year): 449 NOK (norwegian kronner)
    NOD32 renew licence (1 year): 313 NOK (this is just ca. 1 US dollar difference with a full licence in ESET)

I really appreciate that somebody from ESET take contact with me about this. I am sure that it has to be another way to get a renewal than with these expensive distributors. If not then I am going to have to buy a 1 year full licence again from ESET.

And please guys, can you offer the renew option directly on your website as all the other licences? What is the reason for it not to be available?

Thank you.

11. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

ummm.. buy from a reseller then!

12. Thorz

Thorz Registered Member

Thanks a lot. I have found 2 resellers via your link and via a PM received from other member. I will buy a student licence renewal that the other reseller was offering, this option was not present in your link. Thanks again.

13. Bandicoot

Bandicoot Eset Staff

The Eset sales department recommends when renewing a license to return to the reseller you originally purchased from. If you have a problem locating them, you can go to: http://www.eset.com/purchase/purchase.htm

Bandicoot. :)

14. Thorz

Thorz Registered Member

I have allready got a 2 years student renewal from http://www.nod32-av.com. I have got the username information inmediatly after payment. Very satisfied with their service. It was the only reseller that I found that was offering the student licences. ESET doesn't even list renewals on their web site, only full licences.

15. john smith

john smith Registered Member

I've always renewed through the USA Eset site ( http://www.nod32.com/purchase/purchase_usa.htm ) whiich does list renewals, but not 2-year subscriptions, which I'd happily buy. I hadn't
    realized that it paid to shop around. Should have known, though I think
    a little more consistency in these things would be helpful to the average
    user.

john s.

16. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

John,

consistency? Why?

The NOD32 reseller pricing even includes 3 year pricing - but I've yet to find anyone offering it.... I'm not even sure that I've seen 3 year pricing from Eset, but we can buy them as resellers - apparently! ;)

regards

Greg Hewitt-Long

17. rseiler

rseiler Registered Member

Speaking of this, the popup message that disrupts whatever you're doing to tell you that your license is going to expire in 7 days, really shouldn't do that. It does it once a day until it expires, too. Is there a way to disable that "feature"?

18. Defenestration

Defenestration Registered Member

You can get 3 year licences from NOD32UK

19. iNsuRRecTioN

iNsuRRecTioN Registered Member

Hi,

@Defenestration, yes but very expensive.

There are any other resellers that offer 3 year renewal?

And btw. where I can get or have to look for Coupons for NOD32?
    Any expamles where are such Coupon codes located?

Thx and best regards,

iNsuRRecTiON

20. Blackspear

I would suggest an email to sales@nod32.com with this question, hopefully they will be able to tell you of a local reseller that you can purchase from...

Can you please keep us up-to-date if you chosse to go down this path, as we all learn this way...

Cheers :D

21. iNsuRRecTioN

iNsuRRecTioN Registered Member

no, there are only one german reseller, www.nod32.de.

Nothing more, I bought NOD32 license for an client over an US reseller or so with credit card..

thx and best regards,

iNsuRRecTiON

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.