trojan in operating memory

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by jase, Jan 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jase

jase Registered Member

NOD 32 gives me this message----trojan Win32/FTP.ioFtpd.B found in operating memory. NOD32 cannot clean this infiltration. No action can be taken on a memory infiltration.----when i do an in-depth scan.
    Can anyone help me remove this?

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Hi Jase, welcome to Wilders.

Just reboot into “Safe Mode” and run a further scan, see post number 2 HERE for checking that your settings are correct for the scan and instructions on placing your system into “Safe Mode”.

Let us know how you go.

Cheers :D

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

It's enough you select Leave and let the scan go on. When the trojan is found in a file, select to delete it. After the scan completes, you'll be prompted to reboot the machine for the cleaning to take effect.

4. jase

jase Registered Member

:D Thanks for the help guy's, I changed the settings and scanned in safe mode.
    Nod picked up the trojan, Quarantined & deleted it. So do i now leave the settings as they are or return them to the default ones?
    thenks again for the help

5. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Up to you, but I like Nod32 tweaked to the max. There is a step by step guide to tweaking Nod32 here: https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=37509

Hope this helps...

Cheers :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.