SpywareBlaster: "run time error 50003 unexpected error"

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by cmberger, Jan 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cmberger

cmberger Registered Member

I use Netscape as my browser.

I downloaded and installed SpywareBlaster according to all instructions. At the end of installation when it's supposed to start up and run for the first time, I got the message "unexpected error", and the program immediately closed. I tried to open it from the program menu. Same thing happened. Then I tried installing it in safe mode. The same thing happened. Then I tried again from the desktop icon - same problem.

The mesage "run time error 50003 unexpected error" also came up when I tried to run the "AutoUpdate Configuration" from the programs menu.

The shortcut is installed on my desktop, and the program is installed in my program list, and I am able to open the help file successfully, but not the application.

Any ideas why I can't run it?

Thank you in advance.

2. briflan

briflan Registered Member

To: cmberger (original poster of this thread)

I see that you posted this question 9 months ago, have posted no other messages under this name, and have received no reply. Hopefully you have since searched for similar problems on this forum and have found a solution--if so, could you post that you have done so for the convenience of others who may be willing to resppond? If you haven't solved your problem, I suggest that you read my post at:

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?p=571112#post571112

I had the same "run time error 50003 unexpected error" message when using another JavaCool program, and fixed it by following the advice of others (found elsewhere on the JavaCool forums) to download and install vbrun60sp5.exe (Visual Basic6 Runtime). The location of this file was given at:

http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/downloadfaq.html

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.