Has Vexira AV switched horses?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by bellgamin, Dec 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

As you probably know, AVIRA is a new Antivir-PE clone. You can read about it (or even order it) HERE.

Another AntiVir clone (in case you didn't know) is Vexira at THIS site. At least it used to be an AntiVir clone. I'm not sure if it is any more.

I subscribe to Vexira's newsletter. The latest edition thereof announced as follows...
    The above information makes it sound like MAYBE Vexira decided it didn't like the idea of competing with another AntiVir clone, so they went to another option.

I checked Vexira's website. They used to have a screenshot of Vexira's GUI, which was identical to AntiVir's GUI except for minor cosmetic differences. The screenshot is no more, & I didn't want to download the new version so I don't know WHAT exactly Vexira is up to.

Does anyone know what is going on with Vexira's new versions?

OR, perhaps one of you adventurous souls has recently tried out Avira, or Vexira, or both. If so, puh-leez share your experiences.

2. Mirin

Mirin Registered Member

The virus database of new Vexira is same as that of VirusBuster.

3. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

Interesting info, Mirin. But... does this necessarily mean that Vexira is now a VirusBuster clone? Also, WHICH Virus Buster are you talking about -- the Hungarian one or Leprechaun's Aussie one?

The Aussie VirusBuster, by the way, has now become Zondex Guard AV. Their website {linked above} offers a free trial of Zondex. Lots of *new* AVs to try out -- Avira, Vexira?, & Zondex. Any takers?

4. Mirin

Mirin Registered Member

I mean Hungarian one. I have it. But I don't know the details. I just compared database files of both.
    I thought Australian and Hungarian have been working together and used Hungarian scanning technology, but I'm not sure.

5. viking313

viking313 Registered Member

Definatly no longer an AntiVir clone.I bought a licence for the new version....not sure if its the Virus Buster or not.Seems lite but the interface is kind of ugly.Its too red for me.We'll see if anyone has any opinions,I'm not very good at that sort of thing.

6. jlo

jlo Registered Member

Hi,

I have e mailed their support dept to see if they are willing to tell me :)

I will report back if I get a reply!

Happy New Year

Jlo

7. Simon Phoenix

Simon Phoenix Registered Member

uppin this post. Vexira is pretty light.

8. KAYLA

KAYLA Guest

Do not waste your time trialing Zondex Guard. It is a joke.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.