username and password problems

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Alan Jones, Dec 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alan Jones

Alan Jones Registered Member

I am using True Image Corporate Workstation v 8, Build 912 and having major problems creating images on a network share for remote PCs through the Management Console. I have read the various threads on username problems but cannot get my problem resolved. I can create an image on a local PC and save it to a network share from the local PC with no problem. From the Mgt Console I can attach to a remote PC, then manage to select a network location for the image but once I reach the "Procede" stage I am asked to log onto the remote PC again, which fails, and then the account gets locked out and the image creation fails. I am testing the full version of the software under the 30 day trial offer by Acronis. Everything else seems to work as advertised (resolved the problem creating the bootable CD by reading this forum). Does anyone have a suggestion for me? Windows 2000 PCs are on a small (50 PC) Windows 2000 Server network with Active Directory and Domain in use. The domain\username convention will work once but only to log on to the remote PC once and then to browse to the network share (UNC path), then the process chokes as described above. I get the log on dialog constantly and the user account gets locked out. I have checked permissions and security on the network share and everything seems to be in order.

Thanks for any suggestions.

2. Nirf

Nirf Guest

I have exactly the same problem!!! and i have no idea.

3. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, Alan Jones

Welcom to Wilders and Acronis Forums.

You could have a look at this tread to see if it help:- password problems

Sorry I am not of more help.

Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Alan and Nirf,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).

We are really sorry for the inconveniences.

Our Development Team is working on this problem. At present I can propose you as a workaround that you open the shared folder in Windows Explorer entering user name and password and launch the image creation after that.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

5. A|ex

A|ex Registered Member

remember Acronis uses AMERICAN keyboard layout so those people in the UK have to remember that @ and ~ are really " and ¬ on the american keyboard.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.