x64 version compatabiliy

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by ?m.oreilly, Dec 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ?m.oreilly

?m.oreilly Guest

while i find build #1218 of xp pro x64 very stable and practical for every day
    use (many 32 bit apps work w/o a hitch), i am unable to use nod32 as amon
    is unable to start. i 've tried avast for 64 bit windows, but it's such
    "bloatware" (re: mem hog) and nod32 in my opinion is a far superior product.
    microsoft is planning to release the final version soon (x64), and i'm wondering if
    eset has plans for a 64 bit compatable nod32 (i purchased a copy a few months
    ago, and am VERY impressed!!!).

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Hello,
    a 64-bit version of NOD32 will be available after the final version 64-bit Windows XP is put on the market. Frankly, I struggled with troubles during the installation of a preliminary 64-b WinXP - I couldn't find any drivers for my MB which means my HDD was not recognized and Windows refused to install. After I found some drivers and installed the system, my network card was not recognized. I know about the website dedicated to AMD64 CPUs www.planet64.com, but it was not of much help in my case.

3. ?m.oreilly

?m.oreilly Guest

thank you for the prompt response marcos! amds' site has a compatible
    drivers list also, along with microsofts' x64 support fourm. i'll be watching for
    esets' x64 nod release.

4. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

me too!

5. ZiggyAJ

ZiggyAJ Registered Member

It's been a while since the December 2004 beta of windows XP 64 bit. They have already released the RC2. In fact I'm running build 1833 right now. I would say that there have been MAJOR improvements since December and most (if not all) the drivers should be working smoothly now. There are many sources that are confirming that Microsoft will release XP 64 bit in April, but knowing Microsoft it might be longer, who knows.

So are you guys still waiting for the final release? Is the NOD32 beta version 2 that is about to be released going to be x64 compatible?

Last edited: Mar 25, 2005
  6. m.oreilly

m.oreilly Registered Member

yeah, looks like "maybe tommorow", the rtm? v1433 here, very solid os. this is , imo, the REAL xp pro, like a rock. and yes, many of us (check the ms cpp forum) await a REAL av! nod64...sounds cool...

7. ZiggyAJ

ZiggyAJ Registered Member

The beta of NOD32 works fine on XP 64 except for the real-time protection. When will NOD32 fully support XP 64? I've been waiting months for the beta because I heard it was going to be 64bit compatible, but I guess not....

8. Jasonkruys

Jasonkruys Guest

Indeed, I am keen to hear news too. This is possibly the only thing holding me back from upgrading to XP x64 now

9. jasonkruys

jasonkruys Guest

Anyone care to comment on the progress?

10. MadMonkey

MadMonkey Guest

I have done a search for the answer to this question, and the answer in each and every other post is a link to this post, is there any chance someone can shed some light as to when nod might be fully compatible with x64? Or even clarify how compatible it is now?

Thanks

11. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

I'd say that a 64-bit edition of NOD32 should be out by late 2005 (early 2006 at the latest).

Keep in mind that this is my personal speculation.

Oh yeah, about your second question - I'd say that you'd only get to run the On-Demand NOD32 Scanner on WinXP 64bit right now (if you have luck that is)......I never tried it myself.

12. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Not that late, I assume it will take a month at the very latest.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.