Build-786 LOOKS VERY PROMISSING

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by chasster123, Dec 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chasster123

chasster123 Registered Member

This is just first test results - however several items seem to work correctly.

I created an image to DVD+RW and it automatically busted the image into 2GB segments and correctly placed the four files on two pieces of media.

I interjected a DVD that was not empty (after the end of Volume 1) and it correctly flagged it and moved on when the next empty media was available.

More testing over the next week.

This is a nice starting point for Version 8 build-786.

cheers,
    charles sterling :D

2. chasster123

chasster123 Registered Member

At the time of that post I was testing the latest build and the process of doing a multi-DVD write seemed to work well.
    I had not tested the image (i.e. more test to come) at that point.
    I was "hoping" that the many reports of external movement problems (myself and others) had been resolved.
    I simply posted the statement too early.

I will make one LAST test.

If the product can move an image from disk to DVD media and back to the same drive and demonstrate that it is not damaged - I will continue using the product.

If the product fails in a simple movement of the archive file from one media source to another and back to the original - then it is FOREVER TOAST.

3. MiniMax

MiniMax Registered Member

And which product would that be? Windows Explorer?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.