[dgstring] application error - SpywareGuard

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by dgstring, Dec 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dgstring

dgstring Guest

Re: application error

let me know if you got a fix. This ~snip~ has all of my computer blocked. I am pissed.

Mod Note: Un-necessary comment removed. Please refrain from comments like this.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2004
  2. dgstring

dgstring Guest

then tell me how 2 fix it!

3. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

Hi dgstring,

It would be very helpful if you could supply more information. At the moment, you have given us no information as to even what operating system you have, what other security applications you have installed and use, etc.,

The more information you can give surrounding this error messages, the better Javacool might be able to determine what is causing it.

Regards,

snap

4. dgstring

dgstring Guest

I run xp. I downloaded spygaurd. I wanted to remove the software. I made the mistake of exiting it in taskbar then trying to go to control panel. I can not access control panel or any of my other applications. I can only open this one IE. I get repetitive messages that the program is corrupted and spygraurds definitions folder is corrupted or in use by another program and that there is a failure to write a memory code.

HELP I am very frustrated it has taken control of my computer. How do I get it off my machine. I have tried reinstalling but guess what I am not allowed to access the downloaded files.

5. dgstring

dgstring Guest

Someone please help me!

6. dgstring

dgstring Guest

I guess ur not there anymore now that I need u?

7. snapdragin

dgstring, you posted a reply to fpkjr's thread giving the impression you were receiving the exact same access error message he was. Please note he is referring to SpywareBlaster, and in your above post you are mentioning "spygaurd". Do you mean SpywareGuard ?

If we are talking about SpywareGuard, then I will split your posts off this thread and into a thread of it's own.

snap

8. dgstring

dgstring Guest

sigh.....

Yes I am talkin bout spygaurd. I dont really care what thread this is in I just need help and am not gettin it. Please tell me how to fix my machine, it has my business down completlely.

9. snapdragin

I understand you are frustrated but keeping a thread on topic helps you and those that would want to post a helpful reply to your thread.

For reference (and so the first post makes a bit more sense) the above posts were split off of this thread: https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=58227

dgstring, I am not sure how much I will be able to help you, but the more information you can give us will be able to help Javacool (the developer) figure out what has happened.

Can you open your TaskManager (Ctrl Alt Del) and see if the two SpywareGuard processes sgmain & sgbhp are listed there. If they are listed there, then SpywareGuard is still running.

snap

10. dvk01

dvk01 Global Moderator

If you are talking about SPYGUARD and not spyware guard then we won't be able to help you here easily

SPYGUARD is a program that allegedly protects you but from many reports causes more problems than it fixes and is almost impossible to remove from the computer as it hooks in like trojan or virus

SPYWAREGUARD by javasoft is a small application that just blocks some bad sites being installed on your computer

If you can confirm which program you have we v=can try to help you

11. scott lang

scott lang Registered Member

well if ya asked nicely and dont start demanding you might get more help.

12. dgstring

dgstring Guest

Yes I am talking about spywareguard.

The two items mentioned are not running in the task manager.

Any help is appreciated but I have fought this for 2 days and no change no where to go for help. Feel my pain.

I do greatly appreciate any help I can get.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.