TI 8 Latest version.....still dont work well with VIA 8237.....My GOD....

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by trichard, Dec 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trichard

trichard Guest

I heard that ....it still dont work well with VIA 8237 Raid controller....Restore time is deem long.... takes hrs !!!

It is true ?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello trichard,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).

We do know about this issue. It is due to a new driver that has been implemented in Acronis True Image standalone version recently.

I have alerted this issue to our Development Team and they will fix it as soon as possible.

Thank you.

--
    Andrew Berezovsky

3. trichard

trichard Guest

Thans ... but dont you think it is taking....too long ?

4. Kevins

Kevins Guest

Ahh, Im trying to restore my system and I have this controller it says its going to take 4 days!!! What is this? When will this be fixed, I have purchased this product for emergencies and when one has come up it is not working.

Very disappoingted unless this gets fixed asap.

5. Kevins

Kevins Guest

So my system is down, what do I do to get this image restored?

6. Kevins

Kevins Guest

bump!

7. Acronis Support

Hello Kevins,

We are very sorry for this problem being not fixed yet.

However the time counter is quite approximate and the restoration process may take less time that is claimed. The only thing I can recommend you by this time is to start the restoration process and wait till it is completed.

Thank you.

--
    Ilya Toytman

8. Kevins

Kevins Guest

It is still recovering, it is on day #2 now! 14 hours left, this is ridiculous.

9. Acronis Support

Hello Kevins,

We are very sorry for the situation. We expect the necessary changes to be made in the next builds. Our Development Team is notified about this problem and is already working on it.

--
    Ilya Toytman

10. Kevins

Kevins Guest

So now at 49 minutes left it has hung. The system is totally locked. I have waited for 2.5 days and in the last 49 minutes the software dies.

When is the next build coming out that fixes this? I need a date as my computer will be unusable until then. This should just be a matter of updating the driver.

11. Kevins

Kevins Guest

I need a fix date...

12. daMonkey

daMonkey Guest

I have an ASUS P4C800E mobo and am using USB wireless mouse and keyboard. I haven't checked too much further just yet on the forums for the solution to my problems, but they might be similar to your own. I have found that on my system when restoring from the bootable CD the drive activity is effected by mouse movement. No mouse movement, no disk activity. Hence to get an image to restore I am developing carpol tunnel syndrom by having to constantly keep my mouse moving. ie. if i didn't move my mouse it would take several days for an image to restore. So what i'm saying is look at your disk activity light and move your mouse, if it pulses rapidly only when moving your mouse, you are having the same issue as me.

13. trichard

trichard Guest

No date yet ?

14. Kevins

Kevins Guest

bump!!

15. trichard

trichard Guest

Still no fixed?

16. Acronis Support

Hello Kevins and trichard,

We are really sorry for this situation. The problem is in the driver for VIA 8237 RAID controller. Our Development Team is still working on this problem.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

17. Kevins

Kevins Guest

We need a date?

18. A|ex

A|ex Registered Member

i tried this on my mothers shuttle and it worked without any problems. I used TI8 Corp (the nov release)

19. miked

miked Registered Member

I can't tell you how many problems I have had with VIA products starting with their chipsets.

I will no longer use VIA products on any of my clients installations because they are so troublesome.

I really feel your pain. I've been through it a few times myself. But, I would also suggest that you consider the fact that you are using a controller that is a piece of junk and give these people the time to fix the problem properly. More of this problem lies with VIA than you may know.

I would also suggest, after you get this resolved, that you replace those controllers with something known to be more reliable like Promise or Adaptec.

I have never had a backup/restore failure with these products.

Good luck.

Mike D.

20. kevins

kevins Guest

Has the driver been fix *yet*?

21. Acronis Support

Hello kevins,

We regret to inform you that the fix is not available yet. Actually, the problem is in the driver itself rather than in the environment developed by our Linux Department. Since it is not an open-source driver we can't change it so that it works perfect. However we are sure that this problem will be fixed in future versions of Acronis True Image.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

22. Mr.Ed

Mr.Ed Guest

I'm experiencing the *EXACT* same issue here on my ASUS P4C800-E Deluxe mobo... (S-ATA harddisk Western Digital, USB keyboard and mouse Logitech, booted from Acronis TI boot-cd, backing up to other partition on same HDD)

Acronis TI8 (build 791) simply waits forever, unless I keep moving the mouse, or keep rapidly toggling e.g. the Capslock key. This looks as if TI needs IRQs in order to make any progress.

The same issue for Backup as well as Verify, by the way.

I also tried backing up to my fileserver over the network; I get repeatable "bad media quality" errors - what? RAID-5, over 80G free, creating 5.5GB image? Splitting the image in CD-ROM size chunks didn't help either...

Is there any guesstimate when this issue will be fixed? Until then, Acronis TI is essentially useless although I like it much better than Ghost...

Mr.Ed

23. Acronis Support

Hello Mr.Ed,

Please write a letter to support@acronis.com with the description of both of your issues. Please note that Acronis True Image does support VIA 8237 and the images should be created and restored though the process is rather slow.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

24. Mr.Ed

Mr.Ed Guest

Hi Ilya,

Sorry for the confusion - the matter I'm adressing is not VIA related, so I created a new thread just now.

Thanks,
    Mr. Ed

25. Acronis Support

Hello Mr.Ed,

I noticed your thread and answered to you. Your notice is very important to us and I would like to ask you for some assistance in the problem investigation. Please see my reply to your new thread.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.