application error

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by fpkjr, Dec 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fpkjr

fpkjr Registered Member

I downloaded spyblaster and installed on system ( NT4.0 SP6a) every time i attempt to run this program i receive a DrWatson application error.. "access violation (0xc0000005), address 0x7342f275"
    Does anyone have experience with diagnosing drwatson logs? application errors? If i'm not mistaken this is a buffer overrun , But i'm at a loss as to fixing the problem.. Any ideas, help?

Last edited: Dec 12, 2004
  2. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

3. dvk01

dvk01 Global Moderator

DO you have SPYBLASTER or SPYWARE BLASTER

ther is avast diifference

Spyblaster is a rip off application that is badly coded and doesn't work properly and causes lots of errors

Spyware blaster from Javacool software just puts a list of parasites in to your registry to prevent them being downloaded or run on the computer and is unlikely to cause that error message as it doesn't get run regularly just sits in the background

BUT many security applications don't work with NT4 at all as they try to use areas of the memory that NT4 wants to use for system purposes ( that is one reason why M$ dropped it in favour of W2K & XP)

4. fpkjr

fpkjr Registered Member

new issue

Well I'm sorry it took me so long to return .. It was "spywareblaster' After the problem with spywareblastser my reg file was corrupted so I had to reinstall OS now I don't have the problem any more.. Can I ask another ?

When I shut down (OS NT4.0) two hidden window ask to be terminated. (end task) I did a search for the files and came up with nothing.. First let me apologize if this is the wrong forum for this question. The windows in question (both the same ones) are "olemainthreadwndname" I end task and it pops up again, I end task the second time and my system shuts downs or reboots as requested. Any ideas what the hell is going on?
    Thanks for everything
    F

Last edited: Jan 16, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.