Acronis True Image 8.0 build 786 is officially released.

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Acronis Support, Dec 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

2. jimmytop

jimmytop Guest

Thanks for the heads-up. Some questions:

1) Will the new build restore images that were created with the previous build?

2) Should the old build be uninstalled first or will the new install over top of it?

3) Can we use the old Rescue Media to restore images created by the new Build? Or should we burn a new rescue CD?

4) Does the rescue media burn to CD more reliably now and is there an option to write to ISO instead? If not, could you kindly create a new ISO and make a link available so those of us who can't burn the CD directly can download the new ISO?

Thanks!

3. DaHen

DaHen Registered Member

Found the answer to your second question in the FAQ page on the Acronis site:
    "Do I need to uninstall the existing version of Acronis True Image 8.0 prior to installing the latest update or the full version I purchased?

No. You can install the latest update or the full version of Acronis True Image 8.0 over the existing version. To do this, run the
    installation program and select "Repair/Upgrade Acronis True Image" option."

Was wondering myself.. :)

4. mark7

mark7 Registered Member

I always uninstall a previous version of software (not just TI) and re-boot before installing a new build. I am of the opinion that this is a good idea, especially if you are having issues with the currently installed version.

Acronis Support recommends this in this sticky:
    PLEASE READ BEFORE YOU POST https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=55317&highlight=reboot

"You can apply the update to the current installation but the best way to proceed with updating the product is:
    - completely uninstall Acronis True Image from your system and reboot the computer;
    - carry out a clean installation of the latest build you have downloaded."

5. jaygo1

jaygo1 Guest

Web page http://www.acronis.com/enterprise/support/updates/index.html reflects the latest version of TI 8.0 is build 786, as does this thread. Yet when I submitted my e-mail address and password and selected TI 8.0, following the update procedure, the latest version I was offered to download (on http://www.acronis.com/enterprise/support/updates/) was Build 638, which isn't even the build of TI 8.0 I have existing (I have Build 774), much less the build released today (build 786).

Any ideas? Jay Gottlieb

6. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, jimmytop

Should have no problem doing that.
    I doubt if the old Build CD-BootDisk will restore a newer Build Image, They have not worked before, best make a new BootDisk.
    Again another doubt :eek: if Andrew of Acronis Support will post a Link here on the Forum for an ISO of a new Build, as it would be to easy downloaded by people that have not purchased the product, best to Join the Forum and either PM him or email him.

Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

Last edited: Dec 9, 2004
  7. TheQuest

Hi, jaygo1

Build 638 is [was] the latest Build of Ti7, which I do [me guessing here] not think will have any more later builds.

Take Care,

8. Fedorov999

Fedorov999 Registered Member

Dare I ask if Si3112a Raid 0 is still working in this new build - 774 been working great! :)

Fedorov.

9. Tipton

Tipton Registered Member

Thats what I am afraid of. It seems these new builds are never cumulative! Instead they fix one thing, but break something that was working fine before. Build 774 is the first build of TI 8, that I have grown confident using. It has worked perfectly for me.

Tipton

10. huntnyc

huntnyc Registered Member

To confirm, after installing build 786 on my laptop, I now cannot build a bootable CD that has mouse support. Build 774 finally began to work fine for me including mouse support in the bootable CD. Any suggestions before I try to manually uninstall and go back to build 774 and hope that it works again.

Gary

11. jts

jts Registered Member

When I try to execute Build 786, I get an error message saying that
    TrueImage 80_u_en.exe is not a valid Win32 application. Build 774 executed with no problems.

12. jimmytop

jimmytop Registered Member

Thanks for the help everyone. Quest, I registered and joined, thanks for the suggestion.

I agree posting a link here is not a good idea. But I did want to remind them to at least get the ISO and the link ready, cause some of us are gonna need it.... :p

13. TheQuest

Hi, jimmytop

Good to see you as a member of the best Security Forum on the Web, jimmytop:-

[move]Welcome to Wilders Security Forums[/move]

Take Care,

14. TheQuest

Hi, huntnyc

All I can suggest Gary, is do what you did to get Build 774 finally working.

And tell us how you did [or do it] so we can pass the Information on to others, that what the forum is for, to help one another.

Take Care,

15. TheQuest

Hi, jts

Did you use any sort of Download Accelerator, when you went to Acronis's site to do your download.

Take Care,

16. jimmytop

Thanks!

To answer one of my own questions, I still had trouble burning the CD with the new build. Here is what I had to do to get it to work:

1) Put the controller in Device Manager to PIO Mode instead of UDMA 33
    2) Set record speed (right click on drive, properties) to 2x
    3) When prompted by TI for the CD, I did NOT close the CD tray before I pressed the Proceed button.

If I didn't do all of these things, then the burn failed. As it is, I got a working new CD :D

Thanks again

17. TheQuest

Hi, jimmytop

Do you have any third party burning software, if so make sure you turn off Windows Desktop CD recording> CD Properties.

Also disable IMAP CD-Burning COM, in Administrative Tools> Services.

Take Care,

18. jimmytop

No, I don't have any desktop CD recording anything. Also, I have IMAP in manual. Should I disable it completely?

19. seancfl

seancfl Guest

I have the same issue as one of the top posters: I bought the 8.0 upgrade today and still only see my V7 files to download. Does it take a day or two for their system to give me access to the lastest? When I upgraded, it gave me the V8 build 774 file.

Sean

20. TheQuest

Hi, Jimmytop

Manual is the default for Windows.
    That what I do if third party software is installed, because Windows always calls the Service when ever any burning is started, so IMHO it can or does cause conflict, ie Windows driver starting along with the third party burning software burners drivers, which could cause them to knock head with each other. [knock heads= slang for conflict]

Take Care,

21. jimmytop

EDIT: nevermind, I didn't buy the upgrade, I had the full version

22. jimmytop

I'll give it a try. But I'm only gonna waste one CD on it...LOL. Thanks for the tip.

23. TheQuest

Hi, seancfl

Make sure you click the drop down list on the products and chose Ti8, then put your user name [email address] and password, then click update.

Take Care,

24. seancfl

seancfl Guest

now works with my Dell 8400 sata drives

since I couldn't download it direct, I got the newest build from a friend who is also an acronis user. Yeah! My Dell 8400 sata drives now show up with the boot CD. All seems to be good...I'll attempt some backups and restores tomorrow.

if this is stable, maybe we can get back to singing praises!

Sean

25. TheQuest

Hi, jimmytop

Use CD-RW's, [so cheap now] so every third update you can get rid of the oldest CD-BootDisk, and still have your one thats just been outdated. [and saves coasters :D]

I have 604mg appox of Acronis updates on CD, soon be on the second CD [700mg] when thats full I'ii move them all over to DVD+RW.

Take Care,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.