Huh??????????

Discussion in 'ten-forward' started by beetlejuice, Nov 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beetlejuice

beetlejuice Registered Member

My lovely wife is thinking about joining the forum and in an effort to find an avatar for her to go with my own, I found this during my search under beetlejuice gifs. What do you think? :doubt:

Look Here

2. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

Well, first of all ... WHY ON EARTH WOULD SHE WANT TO COME HERE, TELL HER TO GET A LIFE :D :D :D

um, seriously, I noticed that "Acadia" was mentioned in many of the posts in the link you posted ... is that good or bad o_O

Acadia

3. beetlejuice

That's what I am wondering. o_O

4. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

Um, if your wife comes here there are TWO folks that I would tell her to steer clear of, only problem is, she LIVES with one of them! :D :D :D

Acadia

5. hayc59

hayc59 Guest

Attached Files:

6. beetlejuice

(The Wife!!!)
    Yea, I like those pictures but..............just a bit TOO serious for me.
    I've been thinking SO hard for just the "perfect" name. (Remember, Beetlejuice didn't exactly give me the most appropriate letters to start with or build on.)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    So far I've come up with...........

"Beetlejuice's Better Half" --- (too boring)
    "MAMA Don't Clean" or "MAMA Don't Cook"
    -----(those make me sound too lazy)
    "Microwave Mom" --- (too boring)
    "Awnery"--- (its OK)-
    "Mischief Maker" --- (Beetlejuice likes that one)
    "I'm 2 Funny" ---- (makes me sound too conceited)
    "Innocent Me"---(I don't know)
    "2 Shy"----(its more true than you think)
    "Not Guilty"------(OK)
    "Innocent Until Proven Guilty"---(sounds like I'm too much trouble)
    "Pretty Blue Eyes"----(OK-but Beetlejuice doesn't want guys flirting with me)
    Mom of 2 But Still Fun"-----(its OK)
    "Trouble Maker"-----(that's not true...Beetlejuice's opinion doesn't count)
    "Aren't I Funny"--- (true!! But then I wouldn't be able to think of anything funny)
    "Basket Case"-------(that tells too much)
    "2 Much Time"----(nay)
    "Annoying"----(I don't think that's not true, either! Shut-up! Beetlejuice!)
    "Sweet Wife"----(too boring)
    "Messy"-----(too true--but I don't want people to know that)
    "Goof-Ball"------(yea, whatever)
    "Incredible Mommy"---(Isn't our daughter sweet-she must want something)
    "The Procrastinator"----(that might be too true)
    "Honey Bunch"----(Beetlejuice's choice--its OK)
    "Gotta Love Me"-----(true, but I think Beetlejuice would get jealous of all
    the guys flirting with me)
    "Brain Freeze"---(it makes me sound stupid)
    "Couch Potato"----(makes me sound lazy)
    "Beetlejuice's Woman"---(I just really wish, he would have thought of something better than 'Beetlejuice-it reminds me of some sort of BUG!!)
    "Brat"-------(Thanks!! Beetlejuice!!)
    "Slap-Happy"---(I probably laugh lots harder when I type stuff, then when your reading it!!!
    "Puzzled"............(Makes me sound stupid)
    "Out of Control"..............(I don't think this describes me at all!!)
    "Undecided"...........(Beetlejuice would love for me to just hurry up and
    use this one, ALREADY!!)
    "That Concerns Me How"...........(HA HA)
    "Complex"............(I don't think I'm THAT difficult!)
    "Difficult"............(Beetlejuice is not being helpful anymore)
    "Strange".......(Do I need to say that came from Beetlejuice)
    "Referee"...........(Just joking, the kids were fighting)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    See!!! You can tell I'm trying!! Right??
    I'm open to suggestions..
    .......this is supposed to be some sort of "Helpful Forum" righto_O

Beetlejuice did tell me it MUST be a 'clean' name and appropriate(HA HA).
    Thanks, "NO NAME" :'(

Of course after I come up with the perfect name, I'll have to find the perfect picture. :D

7. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

Well, assuming that she is not in your, um, "condition", how about "Not Un-Dead" or simply ... "Alive". :cool:

Acadia

8. beetlejuice

Hum......"Not-Undead" confuses ME!!o_O (The Wife)
    (I can see this "The Wife" is probably going to become my name. :doubt: )

~~~~~~~~~~~

"Alive" ?? .........but is it "spunky" enougho_O

That's it!!

"Spunky"

(Do I like ito_O o_O )

How can we relate that too Beetlejuiceo_O

9. Galcoolest

Galcoolest Registered Member

http://www.forces.gc.ca/health/information/health_promotion/Engraph/BeetleJuice_background_e.asp

Health Ministry Directive to Canadian Forces (CF)
    Beware of Beetle Juice!
    Background

* CF members have suffered from the effects of “beetle juice” on several deployments (e.g., Central African Republic and Sierra Leone [and perhaps in all private homes deploying computers ]).
    * The material in the “beetle juice” that causes the effect is called pederin, and is found in the blood of Paederus beetles [and apparently other as yet unnamed varities, hereinafter also referred to the Paederus for simplicity]..
    * Paederus beetles occur throughout the world, but outbreaks generally occur in Africa and Asia [and in homes with PCs], and it is in these areas that extra care should be taken to avoid these beetles.
    * Other groups of beetles do not contain pederin in their blood, though “blister beetles”, a different group than Paederus beetles, do contain a substance called cantharidin, which also can cause blistering.
    * Pederin only becomes a problem when you are exposed to the blood of Paederus beetles, and this only happens when beetles are crushed (e.g., you swat them against your skin) [or accidentally knicked with a toenail when you share a bed with one].
    * Unfortunately, the effects of pederin do not become visible for about a day [or sometimes months or years] , and if you crush [or knick] a beetle by accident (for example, while sleeping) you may spread pederin to other areas of your body (e.g., your genitals or eyes [or even brain] ) without knowing it.
    * Exposure to “beetle juice” can cause mild skin problems (redness for about 2 days), moderate (substantial redness and blistering over 2 days followed by peeling over 8 days and pigmented scars that can last for a month or more) or severe (more extensive and redness can last for months) [Additionally, an inexplicable and dangerous desire to join computer forums may result].
    * Avoiding contact with Paederus beetles is the best way to protect yourself from this problem.

Prevention
    Learn to recognize Paederus beetles and avoid handling or crushing [or knicking them]
    The beetle is long... and skinny..., and typically has a very distinctive red and black colour pattern. [ Further, it may have distinctive callouses typical of heavy keyboard use].

* Ask medical authorities (e.g., a PMed Tech) if Paederus beetles are known to be present in an area;
    * If you have contacted or think you have contacted a beetle the following steps are recommended:
    o If a beetle lands on you [especially as may happen late at night in bed], try to gently remove it (e.g., blow it off, try to get the beetle to walk onto a piece of [computer] paper [it dropped on the floor and cannot fathom wrinkling] and then remove it[ from the bedroom] , etc), and wash skin areas that contacted the beetle;
    o If something lands [in your home] and you crush [its apparent computer tendencies at first and but fail and then somehow knick it] , and then you recognize or suspect that it was a Paederus beetle, wash your hands (if they [touched] the beetle), the area where the beetle was crushed [the whole PC alcove] , areas that your hands may have contacted after [touching] the beetle, and clothing that may have been contaminated with pederin due to [touching] the beetle;
    o If you think that you have may have [touched] a beetle but are not sure when this occurred (e.g., while sleeping), shower and wash bedding, clothing etc.; and,
    o In all cases, monitor for pederin-related symptoms in areas where you may have been exposed to these beetles. [especially in and around PCs].
    * Beetles are attracted to light, perhaps more so to fluorescent light. Where possible, turn lights off or switch to incandescent bulbs (experience has shown that Paederus beetles do not seem to be as attracted to yellow incandescent lights)[and are most known to frequent the cathode rays of computer monitors]
    * Keep doors closed, and screening on doors and windows in good repair to reduce entry of [more beetles, often known as "tech types"] into buildings. Sleeping under a bed net, preferably permethrin-treated, may also reduce the probability that a beetle will fall on you during the night;
    * Check areas for beetles (especially [crawling with frustration] on wall and ceiling areas around lights) before going to bed. If beetles are present, consult with medical advisor (e.g., a PMed Tech) regarding the best method of removal of beetles. If a medical advisor is not available, remove or kill beetles if possible, for instance by using a "knock down insecticide" (a pyrethroid, e.g. RAID-[aka Ruin And Infinite Destruction caused by a hacker's unknown and unstoppable rootkit trojan script]) followed by sweeping up and removal of beetle carcasses. Remember that beetles can cause symptoms whether alive or dead, so avoid handling beetles directly and where practical, wash skin, clothing and equipment that may have been exposed to beetles. Before placing beetle carcasses in the [proverbial] garbage, seal them in a plastic bag. If a pesticide is used, be sure to follow label directions, especially those concerning safety and first aid;
    * Clear excess vegetation from around residences as beetles may rest in these areas [awaiting the arrival of UPS and a new PC];
    * If a skin reaction develops, apply cool wet soaks to the area for 5 to 10 minutes each followed by air drying. Obtain medical advice if, in particular, you develop a reaction that is especially worrisome (e.g. in or close to the eye; widespread; not healing; getting worse [or ultimately, causing you or others in the household to want to become PC forum users]).
    * Promptly report finding Paederus beetles to the appropriate medical authority (e.g., a PMed Tech).

http://www.forces.gc.ca/health/information/health_promotion/Engraph/BeetleJuice_background_e.asp

Last edited: Nov 27, 2004
  10. beetlejuice

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Will a heavy bat work tooo_O?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Is THAT what's wrong with my brian...........I mean brain?!?

Beetlejuice!!!! ​

Look what you did to me!!!!!​

~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~

They gotta let me in!!
    They just gotta let me in!!
    I want to play, too!!!!
    Ahh, come on guys!!
    Your just gonna love me, ​

PRETTY-PLEASE!!!​

11. bigbuck

bigbuck Registered Member

How 'bout some good ol' Aussie rhyming slang.....
    "Cheese and Kisses" = Mrs
    "Trouble & Strife" = Wife
    :D :D :D :D

12. Marja

Marja Honestly, I'm not a bot!!

Let's see, the obvious - Beauty and the Beetlejuice :)

Bewitched (fits what she did to BeetleJuice!)
    Bemused (do they have to start with a B?)(No, I forgot!)

I like BossJuice and BeetleJuice :D
    Buttercup and BeetleJuice is so cute. :rolleyes:

Spunky was a good one, I don't know she sounds a little Boisterous to me!
    And really full of Balarney!! But,Breezy, y'know? :D Better than BeetleJuice doesn't give her a separate identity, which she will certainly want most of the time!!:eek: :eek:

I will get back to ya! Beetlejuice, there are just not many names that are going to give your beauteous wife justice.

I still like Breezy or even Breeze, maybe because that would keep the flies away!! Y'thinko_O

Marja:cool: :)Still thinkin'!!

BalarneyBreeze?!?!?! BreezeyBalarney?!?! OK, OK I'll stop!! :D

13. bigbuck

bigbuck Registered Member

"She who must be obeyed"
    "Yes M'Lady"
    "How High?" (should BJ jump)

14. Galcoolest

Galcoolest Registered Member

BeetleBuggler, I say. Or JuiceJammer. Or BeetledNotMe. However, these suggestions derive solely from my medical understanding of the phenomenon at hand, explicated at length above.... ;) Or maybe- just maybe- given the lass' own words: Bri'sBasicBrainso_O (but only a guess)....

Last edited: Nov 28, 2004
  15. dog

dog Guest

Hi BJ, ;)

How 'bout "Genie in a bottle", "Queen of Spades", "Queen of Hearts". Or something simple like "Blue Jeans" ...
    Maybe "Who's Your MAMA", "Shackled", "Ball & Chain", "Quiet Thunder", "Thorny Rose".

Is there a prize? LOL :D

dog - *puppy*

16. no13

no13 Retired Major Resident Nutcase

err... *beetle squisher*...?? (wait, that's not right?)
    how 'bout *maiden beetle* or *beetle maiden*?
    or maybe something NOT related with ur login?

17. Marja

Marja Honestly, I'm not a bot!!

Sparkles? Sparky? BJ'sJewel? Jamboree? Brandy? Sunshine? Just call her "BOSSLADY" and get it over with! :D
    You know you want to!:D

18. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

BeetleBoss?

Acadia

19. Jimbob1989

Jimbob1989 Registered Member

Simple abreviation. Ends with the letter F and begins with WT.

Jimbob

20. beetlejuice

(The Wife) ​

See how boring that sounds :(

You guys are being sooo funny and creative!!! Thank you!! So much for helping me think of that "Perfect" name!!

Maybe, the "Winner" will get to help me pick my avatar!!! :D

(I'm kind of liking "Beetlejuice's Beauty")
    Unless you can think of something better.

THANKS,
    "No Name
    :'(

21. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

hmm....

Maybe Bj'sBetterHalf? ;)

snowbound

22. Peaches4U

Peaches4U Registered Member

23. beetlejuice

(Wife)​

Anybody like "Beetlejuice's Babe" ??​

Hey Guys & Gals!! Can anybody help us a cartoonish type picture of Lydia
    (from Beetlejuice) that is animated--like Beetlejuice's avatar?

You know being related to him, I should get to have one that moves too!! Right?

Thanks!
    Everyone for all your funny suggestions!!

"Really Close To A Name & Avatar!!!"
    [MOVE]:D ;) :) ;) :) ;) :) ;) :) ;) :) ;) :) ;) :D [/MOVE]
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~​

Acadia, awhile ago you said their were 2 folks to watch out for......

Who is #2?? Does his name start with an "A" - end with an "A" and
    have an "A" in the middle ;) ?

Just checking!

:D

Last edited: Nov 28, 2004
  24. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

BeetleBabe?

25. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

BeetleBride!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.