Downloading

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by aptisman, Nov 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aptisman

aptisman Registered Member

Hi, I'm new to NOD32.

When I first installed NOD if I wanted to download a prog from a site my download manager would take over straight away. Since fiddling with the settings today I now get a 'NOD32 Downloading' box, (checking the file?)and I have to wait for this to finish before the manager takes over.

Where have I changed something, as I would like to change it back as the file is checked again at the end!

2. arrowsmithmidwest

arrowsmithmidwest Registered Member

the change is for good as in it scans the file as it downloads into your temp folder, as soon as its finished downloading, the manager will pop up and which ever option you will choose will happen immediately as it is already on your computer, so no extra time spent, just extra care.

3. puff-m-d

puff-m-d Registered Member

Nod's IMON now automatically scans your downloads as you receive them. If the download is large, IMON goes to passive mode which means it caches the download and scans it when it has finished downloading it before it saves it on your system. It is doing this when you see the downloading window pop up.

Now as far as your download manager, have you set something inside of it to have NOD scan your downloads? If you have, this is why your download is being scanned twice. You do not need to have you download manager start Nod to scan the download as NOD will have already done it. Just change this setting back in your download manager.

HTH.....

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

If you use a download manager no download window's supposed to appear because download managers must be set to higher compatibility mode by design.

5. aptisman

aptisman Registered Member

Yes, thanks. That's how the download manager is set up!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.