Can not remove TI

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by jhg999, Oct 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jhg999

jhg999 Registered Member

I can not remove True Image. When I use Uninstall the screen goes black and reboots my system. This is similar to another problem that Support is handling. My problems started when I updated to the latest patch. I want to unistall and do a clean install of the prior build.

Thanks.

2. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, jhg999

Welcomed to Wilders and Acronis Forums.

Have you tried Uninstalling in Safe Mode.

Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

3. jhg999

jhg999 Registered Member

thank you for the suggestion.
    Just tried in safe mode and received the same results.

JHG

4. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hi JHG

Apols if I'm asking the obvious but have you tried a reinstall of the TI build that you are trying to uninstall? It wouldn't be the first time that a TI update install has gone haywire.

Regards

5. jhg999

jhg999 Registered Member

Thank you for the suggestion. I tried reinstalling the upgrade and it did not help either.
    I saved a copy of my first D/L of TI from when I purchased. I can't get it load either. I try a D/L of it again. Maybe I have kluged code from thje get go.

JHG

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello jhg999,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/products/trueimage/).

Please accept our apologies for your inconvenience.

This problem requires additional investigation, please contact support@acronis.com and we will do our best in order to resolve it.

Thank you.

--
    Best regards,
    Andrew Berezovsky

7. jhg999

jhg999 Registered Member

All is well with TI! The evil doer was a program called CD Anywhere. I removed it and TI works great. Re-installed from my orginal file and updated with current upgrade files. Both versions worked.
    This recovery was possible because of the response and guidence from Acronis support. A big thank you to Irene.

JHG999

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.