Anyone else with the same issue

Discussion in 'Forum Related Discussions' started by Blackspear, Oct 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Turned on my PC this morning and Firefox will not allow me to "bold" anything by clicking on the button above, same with "insert hyperlink" etc. Works perfectly in IE, just not in Firefox, nothing new installed, everything worked perfectly until this morning...

Cheers :D

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

That's what we get for using beta software! :) I am not having that problem here.
    Are you still using cache?

3. scott lang

scott lang Registered Member

i have firefox but use ie more cause after i installed it it made changes to things without me telling it to do so. i never set it as default. ie is default. when i put in a cdrw i had some backup prgs on, it was showing anything that was a doc or html file with a firefox emblem on it. i also had to reinstall 1 or 2 prgs i already had on my system, as they no longer would boot. i had to right click on one of the doc or html files and change the view back to ie. after that reinstall the 1 or 2 prgs and also while it was showing ther firtefox deal my winzip would no longer work after i switched it to ie it worked again . i still dont know why it switched things around like that but im seriously thinking about just removing it from the computer alltogether.

4. Blackspear

Not now, just cleared it, and set it to "0"

Nope hasn't fixed it, what a pain... :D

5. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

I had almost the same thing happen, never did find out what was wrong. I just went to program files and deleted the firefox folder and then installed the latest version of firefox [which was the same as I deleted] and the problem was fixed. you will not loose any bookmarks or skins doing this

curt

6. Blackspear

Thanks Curt, trying that now :D

7. Blackspear

Well I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, to no avail. Tried uninstalling and removing Mozilla folder from Application Data, cleaned the registry, downloaded a fresh copy of FF 1.0PR, also to no avail...

Any other suggestions?

8. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

It seems as if your problem may run a little deeper than it first appeared. And you have made no setting changes to any of your other security apps.?

9. GlobalForce

GlobalForce Regular Poster

You had this same problem back in early August here. The thread ended without a resolve.
    Did you straighten it out then? Can you recall the solution?

GF

10. Blackspear

Nothing whatsoever changed, haven't installed or touched anything in a while.

Turned on the PC this morning and back to the same issue that I had months ago, as you pointed out GF, no idea what's going on...

11. GlobalForce

Don't hold me to any of this, you know I know little of FireFox :p. But...

1. Do you come to Wilders with different browsers, or mostly FF?

2. Can you edit lines or do you have some sort of control on CSS in FF?

Blackspear, this is just a post to maybe induce a spark, #57 here.

Without having FF, it's kinda hard to tell for me...
    I'm also not sure your version?

GF

12. GlobalForce

Additional thought Blackspear,
    Look at HardCore Web Content Editor on this page (scroll about a fifth ways down).

Maybe google "Mozilla FireFox Source Code" and "Firefox Source Code Text Issues" for some ideas, lots of Mozilla sites.

Is there a difference to bolding if you type Wilder's in v/ comming from a bookmark?
    You know, I may just have to dwnld FF so I can help you guy's out! :D j/k.....

GF

Last edited: Oct 28, 2004
  13. Blackspear

No spark, just an annoying headache ;)

Oh well, I'll post another bug report on FF's website...

14. NICK ADSL UK

NICK ADSL UK Administrator

Hi My friend :)
    You will find a simple system restore normally corrects this sort of thing. Lets hope so :)

Regards

15. Blackspear

Thanks for that, I shall give it a go, it would be nice to find out what causes it....

16. GlobalForce

Has it straightened out?
    Just thought I'd stay on this till you work it through, since you're always assisting everyone else with their problems.

I've visited a few websites and the word is mixed. Some refer to it as a site problem for FF, and some blame it's coding.
    I also caught note about "validating" some internal code...
    Even though I don't use FF, it's an issue to be resolved all the same.
    I did find something and would like to know if you're aware of it, BBCode 0.3.6. If so, I"ll continue the cause.

Feel free to add any details that would assist my search.....

GF

17. chew

chew Registered Member

hhhmmm ... my Firefox seems to be behaving nicely so far.

But I am using Safe Mode so I don't know about the rest.

:D

18. Blackspear

No not yet, I haven't done a system restore as I would like to find the cause or at least the cure...

Thanks for that, it is an irritating issue, as I love FF, once tried there is no other ;) :D

Wasn’t aware of it, have just installed it and are about to log off and back on…

Greatly appreciated it. I have posted a new thread on their support forum, nothing so far, may just post a bug report as well.

Cheers GF

All the best :D

19. Blackspear

Nah, that didn't work, thanks anyway GF, everything is worth a try :D

20. scott lang

scott lang Registered Member

previous comment:

i have firefox but use ie more cause after i installed it it made changes to things without me telling it to do so. i never set it as default. ie is default. when i put in a cdrw i had some backup prgs on, it was showing anything that was a doc or html file with a firefox emblem on it. i also had to reinstall 1 or 2 prgs i already had on my system, as they no longer would boot. i had to right click on one of the doc or html files and change the view back to ie. after that reinstall the 1 or 2 prgs and also while it was showing ther firtefox deal my winzip would no longer work after i switched it to ie it worked again . i still dont know why it switched things around like that but im seriously thinking about just removing it from the computer

21. GlobalForce

In my search to help you get some satisfaction here, are you aware of these Mozilla "cookie" extensions, CookieCuller, CookieButton, and ViewCookies as suggested by Bobby Peru at DSL (lost the link). Also found this short cache tip,
    if that's what they call it.

Just another thought Blackspear (can we try for an appropriate shorter nick I could address you by :D ),
    I've read a few threads on FF cookies and site access. Take a quick peek at the second post in this Wilder's archive.
    Parting thought on site compatibility (with cache mod).....

Maybe some joy? :D

GF

22. Blackspear

OK, absolutely nothing changed, everything worked both in IE and FF until tonight when I logged out of Wilders and it cleared the cookies from my system, now the problem is back, except this time it is in both FF and IE.

I have Wilders bypassing Proxo in both IE and FF, I thought it was Kye-U's filters because when installed the problem occured, however bypassing it should stop.

Any ideas?

Attached Files:

23. dog

dog Guest

Surprise!!! Happy Birthday BS ~Teasing~ :D

Put "wilderssecurity.com" (no quotes) in your connection settings for "No Proxy" in FF entries are separated with commas "," , in IE with semi colons ";"

See Screen Shot

Attached Files:

24. Blackspear

OK, yes that was wrong in FF, but it hasn't made a difference, reccon it has something to do with Cookies, as that is the ONLY difference from yesterday, no software whatsoever was installed. However this time it is in bothe IE and FF, very unusal problem that bewilders me...

25. NICK ADSL UK

NICK ADSL UK Administrator

Hi Craig :)
    Just tick the default in tools /INTERNET option's/advanced to see if this will rectify it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.