So what is this In_depth analysis thing with 2.123?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by windstrings, Oct 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. windstrings

windstrings Registered Member

I don't really understand it yet... for one thing... how do you configure it? and why is it even needed?
    Problems:
    1. It seems to want to use the "command line profile" no matter what you set it to.
    2. It has a mind of its own... it won't save the profile, even if you do let it do command line profile.... it changes it back to default?
    3. I thought any scan was an In-depth analysis?.. what makes this different?
    4. As you can see....there is nothing about it in the help files.... If I didn't know better... I would think this is either an oversight or a beta version?

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

It is a scan using maximum settings, virtually a way that you can just say to someone, click this and have Nod32 run a scan, rather than have someone go through and tweak everything up and then run a scan...

You cannot save settings in this profile.

The helps files are out of date.

Hope this helps...

Cheers :D

3. windstrings

Well thats a good idea!... And I know they would need settings not likely to cause problems with all systems, And I know they must be getting lots of complaints about the complexity of the program.......however...
    1. then why is it ticked to "not scan email?" and you can't change it?
    2. Also it runs immediatly and you have to hit "stop" to even see what is doing.
    3. It also is not set to scan for poteintially dangerous applications?
    4. Heuristics are only set to standard?

IN an effort to make it easy.. they still must know that thier choice of scanning is not everyone elses?...

If they are trying to make it simple, They may only make it more confusing... esssssspecially if they don't put in a help file about it?

Maybe they should do what so many other companies have done with their products... maintain complex settings for those of us who "like" being in control and knowing whats going on, and who hate flying blind, verses why don't they just make a wizard with simple questions for those who don't want to get confused?

4. Blackspear

Lots of questions, they are going to improve things, it all takes time though, at the moment they are training up staff to run a support centre 24/7.

In depth Analysis, to me is just a quick solution to an issue that needed to be addressed.

Poteintially Dangerous Applications was added recently...

5. windstrings

I guess thats a good enough answer and makes sense... I just wish they would have said your words in a txt file or help file somewhere, instead of acting like we are beta testers.
    People don't like paying for a program to be left in the dark, A new person o nod32 will start assuming the program is fragmented and poorly written.
    Thats to be expected only with beta versions.

I believe nod32 is a really nice av program....... I believe it says in the good book..... "Don't let your good, be evil spoken of"

They went to alot of effort not to include a help file.

I am trying to turn my dad onto this program, who is used to the simplicity of mcafee's... I fear he would be very frustrated without me to explain it all... He doesn't know or understand about the resource of forums...
    Eset needs to realize that most of the population is like this?
    It needs to be simple, yet once they figure out what their doing...have some more complex options for later.

I would suggest that Eset periodically pay someone to come in off the street to see the problems they encounter in getting the program up and running. They may be surprised at how confusing it can be?

ON this forum... it appears that even the experts are at a loss as to what many of the issues are thats going on?

I am in medicine and its a common mistake in all fields to "assume" the public knows what you know... or at least can understand your lingo.

Sorry but they can't..... So either explain it or make a wizard?

The help files do seem to do a fair job.... however with the updates occuring so quickly... the help files must also be prepared before sending out the product. I know they would be irritated if they bought a home theatre system that had a manual to last years model without the updates and features?

thanks for the explanation.

6. Blackspear

Agreed, I know they are working on it, you are seening a small company growing very quickly ;)

My pleasure...

All the best.

7. windstrings

True.... but I don't want them to fall into the same trap that Mcafee's and Nortons has by not demanding excellence.
    Most companies forget what made them big... once they get big!!

8. Blackspear

Agreed, they do have some very dedicated and knowledgeable staff, so hopefully this will not happen ;) :D

9. Sweetie(*)(*)

Sweetie(*)(*) Registered Member

Hi, glad to see your sticking with Nod, even with the current issues, although once setup Nod32 is a very easy AV to use.

At the moment im running the factory settings of Nod on my PC and haven't had any trouble, usually i'd set it to max, but im interested in how it preforms with default settings.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.