NVRAID...no support ???

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by homi, Sep 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. homi

homi Registered Member

hi,

first post, and i do a little hard spelling in english (i´m from austria :D ).....

here is my prob:

i´m running an a MSI K8N NEO2 Platinum (Sockel 939) mobo with 2 WD Raptor´s
    they run on the integrated NVRAID controller RAID 0.

the image in windows "on_the_fly" work´s realy good, but i can´t
    restore my image back !!!!!!!!! :oops: :oops:

the boot disk doesn´t support my raid controller and i see two seperate
    harddisks....and can´t restore...

any one have a solution for me o_O?

same trouble with norton ghost 9, and drive image 7 and 2002....

did someone get the image back an this raid controller o_O

thank´s for your answers :D

cu homi

h-o-m-i@gmx.at

2. homi

homi Registered Member

no solution by the way o_O

3. CAMS

CAMS Registered Member

Same board with the same problem, did you find a solution?

4. homi

homi Registered Member

sorry no solution yet, but an answer from MSI:

they say, there is no backup proggi at the moment that is able to manage
    the NVRAID. but the said they too, they send me a mail, if there is....

in other words,......we have to wait...maybe the next update of Ghost 9,
    DriveImage 7 /2002 or Acronis True Image solves the problem.

ps: sorry for my english, but i´m from austria (german speaking :oops: )

5. EagleClaw

EagleClaw Registered Member

I have the Asus AV8 Deluxe board (promise RAID controler) had the same issue.

Do you boot with the recovery CD and not see you drives?

If so make a "safe mode" boot CD and try that, this worked for me.

6. homi

homi Registered Member

and the raid-drivers o_O

THX

7. EagleClaw

EagleClaw Registered Member

It didn't need any drivers (from your floppy)

I just made the disk and booted with it, and it worked

8. Rainbird

Rainbird Guest

I had the same problem weith a Gigabyte socket 939 NV3 250 Ultra (4HD 2 as stripe 0 on NV and 2 as save HD to SIL 3215). I got an iso file from Acronis and the funny thing is... now I Have the save disks but I lost the raid-drives to restore to. Perhaps I will get a solution from Acronis support.... If so, I will post again.

9. CAMS

CAMS Registered Member

With NVRAID controller in RAID0 it see's the drives but it is screwed up eg: It see's two seperate drives with seperate partitions on RAID0! that's not good. Wont image.

10. homi

homi Registered Member

same trouble like i have o_O o_O o_O

11. I got the official word from Acronis support that TI7 ( and probably TI 8.0) will not support NVRAID. I have an MSI K8N Neo Plat with the nVIDIA 250GB chipset and I've been corresponding with the support group for about a month. After trying several half-assed solutions from Acronis, I received this final terse message:

Dear Paul,

Please accept our apologies for the delayed response.

Unfortunately, nvRAID is not supported, as nVidia provides neither the driver nor an open specification for their RAID controllers. I am sorry, but we cannot help you in this case.

Acronis True Image would work with this controller in non-RAID mode, i.e. each drive would be detected separately. I am not sure that RAID mode will be supported in the nearest future.

--
    Best regards,
    Michael Gilkin

Acronis, Inc.
    395 Oyster Point Blvd., Suite 213
    South San Francisco, CA 94080 USA
    http://www.acronis.com/

Acronis support department
    e-mail: support@acronis.com

I've tried the new version (Build 638.) and it doesn't work wtih my system. The rescue disc will boot to ATI but it doesn't recognize the RAID volumes.
    However, if I boot with the "Safe" rescue CD, then the drives are seen by ATI and I can successfully restore an image.

As a further note here, let me say that I'm unimpressed with Acronis Support. The time I spent gathering and sending data and experimenting with ISO files made me feel that I was nothing more than an unpaid Beta tester for them. That, coupled with the fact that their responsiveness is poor at times (8 days without a reply at one point!), makes me feel that I've been "used and abused."

12. Kielty

Kielty Registered Member

To let you guys know. I have a K8N Neo2 Platinum and Acronis have just fixed the NVraid isssue. I run RAID 0 and the issue if true image seeing 2 separate drives has been mended.

The support dept have given me a working *.iso file to burn a rescue disk with all the necessary drivers. The fix will be applied a future release of True Image.

Success!

13. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello all,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are glad to tell you that after a long discussion with NVidia we are now able to implement the support for NVRAID. We expect the new build with this feature to be available at update page soon. If you wish to get it earlier please send a letter with your serial number and the descirption that you need Acronis True Image with NVRAID support to support@acronis.com and we will certainly help you.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

14. jimmytop

jimmytop Registered Member

Ilya, that is fantastic news indeed! Congratulations! Did you guys stay up all night celebrating when you got that finalized with nvidia? I hope you didn't have too much of a hangover.

Anyway, just kidding, but I'm sure it was a relief. I expect posts on this forum to drop by 10%.... :D :D No more "TI won't recognize my RAID array" posts (hopefully) from the nforce crowd at least.

Looking forward to the new build *puppy* , and thanks again :D

15. Ottonp

Ottonp Guest

Still waiting for the next build for NVRAID support, just looking for a definition of soon.... In the earlier post it seems it may be possible to get support for NVRAID right away, would this be possible for me if I purchase the software today? Sorry to pester, but I've been waiting since May 6th for this build....

16. neil conway

neil conway Guest

I have third party sata/raid drivers and have same problem. one soloution is as I have to do, keep an old normal hard drive instal o/s and acronis and third party drivers. when you need to restore, plug it in and boot from it, and use acronis on it to restore your image on the other drive through windows, make the image active and when loaded up turn off pc disconnect old drive and reboot from restored one. its a pain but it works until they sort it out fully. old drive can be second hand garbage as long as it holds o/s acronis and drivers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.